Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2006, 06:23 PM

Default Re: I\'ll show you mine if you show me yours.

[ QUOTE ]
Only two magazines for the Glock and two knives? I thought you were trying to be prepared! I'd want at least 80 rounds of ammo on me, and a bare minimum of three knives, more likely four.

[/ QUOTE ]

I go for quality rather than quantity.

Old 02-05-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only two magazines for the Glock and two knives? I thought you were trying to be prepared! I'd want at least 80 rounds of ammo on me, and a bare minimum of three knives, more likely four.

[/ QUOTE ]

gold

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-05-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol.

But seriously... the knives are because they're useful. I don't fight with knives. I don't plan to fight with knives. I've read about "cutting someone off your gun," but that was a last ditch, he's grabbing for my gun and all I can reach is my knife, stuff.

The serrated knife is for (get this) cutting seatbelts and fabric, if its ever necessary. The straight-bladed knife is just because knives are the most useful things ever. Carry one for a week and see if you don't carry one for the rest of your life.

And if I ever get into a situation where I need more than 31 rounds... heh, I hope I never end up there.

You wanna see some real crazies... find any gun website and look at threads on how many loaded mags these guys keep around. There are dudes with hundreds upon hundreds, just in case "the sht hits the fan."

I'm only sorta crazy.

This might as well be ask-the-crazy-person...

Next? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

yasher
Old 02-05-2006, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I carry a bazooka at all times. You never know when someone is going to try to cut in line in front of you at the supermarket and will need to be tought a lesson.

Plus my penis is unbelievably small.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:28 PM

Boro,

I'm jealous that you can carry things like that legally. I don't know where I'd hide it though... you'd sorta have to build your entire style around an open-carried 9mm and a huge [censored] knife, wouldn't you?

I'm too metro for that knife [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

yasher
Old 02-05-2006, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I carry a bazooka at all times. You never know when someone is going to try to cut in line in front of you at the supermarket and will need to be tought a lesson.

Plus my penis is unbelievably small.

[/ QUOTE ]

I carry a pea shooter. Draw your own inferences. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But seriously... the knives are because they're useful. I don't fight with knives. I don't plan to fight with knives. I've read about "cutting someone off your gun," but that was a last ditch, he's grabbing for my gun and all I can reach is my knife, stuff.

The serrated knife is for (get this) cutting seatbelts and fabric, if its ever necessary. The straight-bladed knife is just because knives are the most useful things ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
All true. I have a knife that looks like a cross between both of yasher's. I use it all the time (and no, not on people).
Old 02-05-2006, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boro,

I'm jealous that you can carry things like that legally. I don't know where I'd hide it though... you'd sorta have to build your entire style around an open-carried 9mm and a huge [censored] knife, wouldn't you?

I'm too metro for that knife [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

yasher

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just kidding with the knife; I don't actually carry it. But it is in my car usually.

I open carry my hand gun because I'm in real estate and specialize in foreclosures. Foreclosures, as you might imagine, are often not in the nicest of neighborhoods. Not to mention if the property isn't empty yet, the people getting foreclosed on tend to not be very happy campers or the most stable of citizens.

You'd be surprised how little a crazy-looking long-haired goatee-wearing mother-[censored] with a gun gets [censored] with, even in the hood.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The serrated knife is for (get this) cutting seatbelts and fabric, if its ever necessary. The straight-bladed knife is just because knives are the most useful things ever. Carry one for a week and see if you don't carry one for the rest of your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually used to carry a knife (a Gerber EZ-Out) just for its utility. My Gerber had a half-serrated edge, which I found incredibly useful in tons of situations. My question to you is: Why the second knife when the serrated one will do all the cutting you'll ever really need? I often wondered about a non-serrated blade when I was carrying my knife. Seeing your Spyderco there makes me want one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2006, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PB,

I can kill someone in self defense. Without a second thought, at the time. I'm former military, too, if that makes any difference in your judgment of how insane I really am.

I'm also well trained, and I'm licensed. I've invested a lot of my own money in getting proper training - both in simple marksmanship, and in concealed-handgun specific courses. Close quarters, multiple assailants, moving, etc.

I did it right. This is my last response on this line of questioning.

Boro,

Open carry is illegal here in Texas, so I carry concealed. I carry IWB at 4 o'clock and I dress quite stylishly - long sleeved shirts hide the butt of the weapon quite well. I did have to buy some jeans that are a size too big, but it works out pretty well.

I didn't feel like taking my belt & holster off, but this is usually my everday carry:

yasher

[/ QUOTE ]

People like you scare me.

"Guns don't kill people, I kill people"