Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Tunica trip report

[ QUOTE ]
So Andy was the big-money Asian guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, someone told me he was Phillipino. Pretty young guy, he seems to have big ambitions, and he is perhaps the only person I've played with live who I think has a decent chance of breaking into the upper echelon.

[ QUOTE ]
Very enjoyable report.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, and to everyone else, for the nice comments. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

B.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So Andy was the big-money Asian guy?

I have occasionally played with a regular there named Andy usually in 10/20 limit HE or something at Horseshoe but he's not Asian.
Eastern European or Russian type of accent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know both Andy's. They are different guys.

I love trying to get your Andy to say "Moose and squirrel" in his Boris Badinov accent.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Back in the Gold Strike poker room, I found four of my buddies sitting in a row on a 1/2 NL, they were all doing well and having a great time, but knowing them all to be TAG I went looking for other games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, Ben, you should have joined us. It would have been just like home . . . but with someone taking a few bucks out of each pot!

I didn't really see a point in having so many of us on a raked table, but we were having fun and we were all profiting. It was one of the main tables and it just so happened that we were all seated in a row when we were moved from the must-move.

This last trip was a blast. The RV is definitely the way to go! Just don't bring up shipwreck stories at a pit stop when we are on our way home [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2006, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This last trip was a blast. The RV is definitely the way to go! Just don't bring up shipwreck stories at a pit stop when we are on our way home [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo! Trace, I assume? What up, dog?

That was definitely an ill-timed question. Heh, heh.

B.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yo! Trace, I assume? What up, dog?

B.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try again, Ben. You must have been taking notes the whole weekend. What a nerd.

Really though, I've always wanted to do a big TR but am too lazy and selfish to share all the details. Well done.

BTW, loved the hand you took down w/ 6 hi.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try again, Ben. You must have been taking notes the whole weekend. What a nerd.

Really though, I've always wanted to do a big TR but am too lazy and selfish to share all the details. Well done.

BTW, loved the hand you took down w/ 6 hi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, Steve, maybe Matt? I forget.

That hand was perhaps my favorite of the trip.

Nope, no notes, just my steel trap of a memory. LOL, as if.

B.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:20 PM

DAmn, I can not wait for this place to sell here in Las Vegas. I ma heading to the Tunica area. Games all sound good. A relocation to easy (well not as bad) drives to Foxwoods, Beloxi, Ac and back to the west when the games are going is what is in store for this old road gambler.
Will be nice to be out of the everyday grind of the Bellagio and still be able to pull in enough $$$ to live the life. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2006, 07:42 PM

Am I understanding correctly?

You consider the drive from Tunica to Foxwoods to be relatively easy?
Old 12-01-2006, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You consider the drive from Tunica to Foxwoods to be relatively easy?

[/ QUOTE ] Tunica to Foxwoods is about 1200 miles. I drove it a couple years back. Not fun..
Old 12-02-2006, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will be nice to be out of the everyday grind of the Bellagio and still be able to pull in enough $$$ to live the life.

[/ QUOTE ] I dont know how old you are..I'm ancient for this forum-44 but moving from city to city every few years gets old when you are over 30-leaving a town you know friends etc and moving just because poker is the only way you can make a living isnt "the life" ...for me at least.

thats why online poker has been such a boon to older pros.

I'm mentioning this only because I'm in a predicament right now.. I dont really want to continue to play online right now in the US.
I'm thinking about returning to play B&M in Los Angeles or setting up an office/second home outside of the US but I dont relish the idea of moving one bit. I played in AC for a living for 2 full years,online the last 4 years.

I am looking forward to perhaps moving towards a more vibrant younger metropoltan area thu...I live in sleepy Florida coastal town with not much going on.

I've moved only 3 times in last 14 years after living in a dozen different places in my twenties(Vegas, Phoenix, Hawaii, NYC and others). I'm also thinking about bailing on poker and getting into other work for a more happy well-rounded life to be honest..I've saved a considerable amount of money-enought so that right now I can almost cover all of my monthly nut just on interest payments without playing at all.

the life is really not hanging in b&m poker rooms 10 hours a day or grinding online poker in solitude ..professional poker should be a short/medium term plan towards better things. This is coming from someone who loves to play the game.

Make enough money to do other things and get the [censored] out.