Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 05:07 PM

Default Re: So I\'ve been running bad...

[ QUOTE ]
DMoogle,

I very much appreciate your feedback. I don't subscribe to the no strategy in BBV tradition.

Just a question: what hand do you put villain on in hand 1. I raised because the only hand i could put him on that beats me is 44. I thought it was more likely that he had an Ace with a weaker kicker and that he was just playing it very fishy. He limps 99, kinda hard to put him on that. Do you still think i should just call?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's difficult to put a specific hand on him, because no matter what, he should've played it differently (except maybe quads). The fact of the matter is, at best we are splitting, so your bet at the end is just turning your hand into a bluff, which will probably be called (by a weak ace, which of course is splitting). I wouldn't be surprised if we see AK here a lot. Open limping with AK isn't too uncommon (but, IMHO, in a 6max game is a mistake). Again, check/calling usually prevents him from getting our entire stack here (still dependant on the opponent). The fact of the matter is, he's usually checking behind on the river here. I would seriously consider folding to a push.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:25 PM

hand 1: i'd make it 5 or 6 pf. bet less on flop/turn, there aren't any draws and it's not a great board for getting a stack in vs a weaker hand. river is a check.

hand 2: standard.

hand 3: lead flop.

hand 4: standard.

hand 5: i'd check behind the turn a lot.

hand 6: check behind turn sometimes, don't raise river.

hand 7: fine.

hand 8: fine.

hand 9: i'd think about folding flop to the c/r + call. not terrible though.

hand 10: play less tables? check behind, call a reasonable river bet.

hand 11: looks like converter messed up stack sizes, but standard.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:45 PM

Excellent graph, balls to post suspect hands in BBV, helpful reply from DMoogle. A+ would read again.

iStrong: enjoyed your vids, hope you upswing.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:14 PM

JKratzer,

Thanks for your post.

For hand 4 my plan was to actually check-raise. But when someone bet and someone else called I started seeing monsters (flopped straights) and bottled out. I don't think i would have played this hand this way if my judgement hadn't been clouded by losses in the past couple of days.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:36 PM

Sorry u run so bad dude, I'm in a 15 buyin downsing myself at the same stakes, seems unbelievable. I'd agree with Kratzer over most of the hands, the first one looks a bit spewy with AQ, okayish with AK, but I'd still not be trying to get it all in on the river with just a pair. Most of the trouble seems to come from you betting pot each street giving everyone enormous implied odds to try and improve on the turn because you can't get away. Still, most are fine and prob +EV.

GL with turning it around, it always seems to hurt more when it's running plain awful rather than just suckouts that cost you. I get real critical when I sometimes put my monies in bad coz some tit spikes a turn 3 outer, but sometimes there's nothing you can do.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:37 PM

You have to be able to lay down sets. It will almost never happen on the flop unless it's 3 flush or 3 straight, but there are many opportunities later in hands.

I think part of the reason these beats and coolers happened is you got pot committed. I don't think your flop bets are too big, but when you raise, it's often 3x to 4x the bet and most of your stack. What's the point of raising HUGE but not leaving enough room to fold if they come over the top? Psychologically, that big a raise is the same as an all-in. You don't call it unless you are willing to go down with the hand. You could have gotten away from the set of tens against the straight, but you went overboard with your reraise. And the hand with AQ against the set, there was no excuse for getting that much money in with top pair second kicker.

And c'mon. Why fold the queens to a check? You have TWO OUTS!
Old 11-29-2006, 06:49 PM

tl;dr
Old 11-30-2006, 09:38 PM

Checking the turn isn't a bad option on some of these tp type hands...I never saw this hyper-aggressiveness in your videos when you didn't have a bet pot button. While it is convenient, that damn thing can be addictive.