Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 03:21 PM

Default Re: russia is shutting down allofmp3 to join the world trade organizat

Which is better, Rhapsody To Go or Napster To Go? Any other companies have similar subscription based services? I wish iTunes had something like this!
Old 11-29-2006, 03:25 PM

I just wanna say Lars Ulrich and Metallica are the world's biggest posers for there stance on Napster after pretending to be against the big bad music business corporations.

Metallica is more money grubbing than P.Diddy without the nuts to admit it.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:28 PM

"Information wants to be free. It wants to be heard, read, or watched. Information should flow like water. Information availability is what has fueled rapid development and growth for centuries. And each day, information becomes cheaper and easier to access. This is a good thing, not a bad thing."

Information: I want to be free.
Studio Exec: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 11-29-2006, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanna say Lars Ulrich and Metallica are the world's biggest posers for there stance on Napster after pretending to be against the big bad music business corporations.

Metallica is more money grubbing than P.Diddy without the nuts to admit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lars has said that the only reason he went after Napster was because a song that he hadn't even finished working on showed up on it. He could be back pedalling, but if incomplete work of mine was released w/o my consent I'd be pretty pissed.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:32 PM

i have used rhapsody, napster, yahoo music, and mtv urge. rhapsody is the best by far, and i don't have any issues similar to what ribsauce described. it is so much better when paired with the e200r player though. microsoft developed playsforsure drm, it's used exclusively on every site i listed above except rhapsody which supports it as well as their own helix drm (w/the e200r). microsoft doesn't use playsforsure on the zune even though it's their own device and their own drm. how telling is that? it's pretty incredible that they expect everyone else to continue using it.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rhapsody is the best by far, and i don't have any issues similar to what ribsauce described. it is so much better when paired with the e200r player though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should I be forced to purchase some special player so I can enjoy the service better? Wouldn't the whole system work out better for everyone if there was an existing technology that could be universally played on nearly every media device?

Oh wait, there is, its called mp3's but the studios can't license the songs to you using this technology. The media companies love this because if you never own something that you can do what you want with, they make more profits by selling you multiple licenses to something that you have already purchased. This is why I hate the RIAA and refuse to buy any CD's put out by the 5 media companies involved with the RIAA.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why should I be forced to purchase some special player so I can enjoy the service better? Wouldn't the whole system work out better for everyone if there was an existing technology that could be universally played on nearly every media device?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe because you want better service? it's not a mandate. they made their own drm because they thought they could do better than playsforsure. as a subscriber, i'm eternally grateful for the choice. and this again doesn't seem to gel with your apparent free market beliefs. it's company against company, the consumer votes with their wallets, may the best product win.

before you go on more blind anti-real rants you might want to take a look at THIS: Harmony Technology lets you buy and transfer music to over 100 portable devices, including the iPod. So when you buy from the RealPlayerŽ Music Store, you, not your device, own the music.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:24 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe because you want better service? it's not a mandate. they made their own drm because they thought they could do better than playsforsure. as a subscriber, i'm eternally grateful for the choice. and this again doesn't seem to gel with your apparent free market beliefs. it's company against company, the consumer votes with their wallets, may the best product win.

before you go on more blind anti-real rants you might want to take a look at THIS: Harmony Technology lets you buy and transfer music to over 100 portable devices, including the iPod. So when you buy from the RealPlayerŽ Music Store, you, not your device, own the music. If you care about preserving your freedom of choice, we invite you to connect with like-minded people and explore www.freedomofmusicchoice.org.

[/ QUOTE ]

astro,

it really shouldnt be the case that one says "SWEET! look at what that company will LET me do with MY music! how nice of them!" it should work with all players because it should be in a format that every single player supports. like say...unencrypted mp3's...

the fact that you described this as "better service" is a perfect illustration of how horribly this system works.

rj
Old 11-29-2006, 07:26 PM

IMO, most of these arguments about the "big 5 record companies" and "restrictions of the way I listen to MY music" are just things that people that are stealing music say to themselves to justify their theft.

I download music too. But, I'm not making these hilarious excuses about how people trying to stop me are infringing upon my rights. I know it's theft, but I'm doing it anyhow.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:32 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, most of these arguments about the "big 5 record companies" and "restrictions of the way I listen to MY music" are just things that people that are stealing music say to themselves to justify their theft.

I download music too. But, I'm not making these hilarious excuses about how people trying to stop me are infringing upon my rights. I know it's theft, but I'm doing it anyhow.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, like 15 people have made this exact argument in this thread already, and it was retarded all those other times too. move along plz.

rj