Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: 21 years old and going bald

in my opinion thinning out in the front corners of your hairline is NOTHING. that can actually make you look better in some ways.. more old and distinguished (so cliche, i know). what's way worse is when you start losing in the back!
Old 11-27-2005, 05:29 PM

you can do different things with ure hair to make it less noticable. You can also take propecia. From what I understand tho, it just keeps you from losing hair as fast as opposed to actually regrowing hair, at least in most people.

Its also possible its other things like diet or stress. If you are really worried about it you should make an appointment with a dermotoligist, as they are the doctors who hand that type of thing.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:55 PM

It happens. Could be worse, you could have lost it at 16.

Here's your advice:
When it gets really obvious, take it like a man and shave it all off.

Some women like bald men.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:24 PM

Three of my friends started going bald at very young ages. One of them went bald before he was 18, actually. Two of them now shave their heads and actually look better than they did when they had hair. The third guy's baldness has been more gradual than the other two, but he has been fighting it tooth and nail ever since it began. He's got a full-blown comb-over and looks ten years older than the really is. What's really bad is when his hair gets wet and you can see the individual strands and the massive spaces in between them.

And as another poster mentioned, it has nothing to do with whether your mother's father was bald. That's an urban legend.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:34 PM

My roommate is almost 22 and he is almost completely bald. He always wears a hat so you would never know but its kinda funny to see him wake up in the morning because he kinda has a babyface. I have a great fear of baldness and I think I am losing my hair a little but it isnt noticable yet so I am not sure yet. I made a thread about this a long time ago and basically propecia is a bald mans only hope. Its like 650 for a years supply and I guess it works in like 80% of men or something. I have a feeling a year or two I might be spending 650 a year. I am 20 now and everything is still in good form...but I think it might be taking a turn for the worse
Old 11-27-2005, 06:40 PM

$650 a year is a small price to pay to not go bald, IMHO.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:43 PM

Do a Kurt Angle and shave it all off.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can do different things with ure hair to make it less noticable. You can also take propecia. From what I understand tho, it just keeps you from losing hair as fast as opposed to actually regrowing hair, at least in most people.

Its also possible its other things like diet or stress. If you are really worried about it you should make an appointment with a dermotoligist, as they are the doctors who hand that type of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if I were your age and was concerned with it I would give the Propecia and Rogaine a shot. Be patient as they say that it can take up to two years to see results. Also, you may want to look into Dutasteride. It's another prostate drug like Propecia that seems to be helping some people.

I saw something just last week about progress in hair cloning. The doctor behind it said to expect it to be available within five years. I doubt at 41 I'll give a [censored] but you will stll be young enough to benefit.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:49 PM

"Yeah. Yeah. You know the odds of me being
anyone's type?! I have never been anyone's type, but apparently, this Marisa Tomei loves funny, quirky, bald men". - George Costanza
Old 11-27-2005, 07:05 PM

I would happily go bald for Marisa. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]