Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is Fucngr8t the biggest fish at Party 100/200 ?
Yes 20 21.74%
No 19 20.65%
There are others worse 53 57.61%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Ftp stole my money

Exactly it just shows they don't give a living crap about their clients. People that are fluent in English in Costa Rica make $750 a month and thats considered a good job. Surely the site can afford to hire 10 of these people to get things to speed up.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It really makes no difference to me whether OP was guilty of cheating or not. Either way, Full Tilt has behaved atrociously. How can we tolerate a site that will just confiscate your money with no explanation or justification whatsoever?

I certainly hope that they will investigate fraud aggressively and punish it harshly. But if they are going to investigate or punish someone, it's essential that they tell the person what the allegation is! Tons of people may have innocently or inadvertently done something that looks suspicious. If they knew what the concern was, they could at least defend themselves and present their side of the story, and prevent mistakes. Why FT wouldn't want to do this is incomprehensible to me. Obviously they don't want to reveal the algorithms they're using to detect various kinds of fishy play, but to not say what type of fishy play they're concerned about just leaves the door wide open for mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is my main concern. The mantra of "I didn't do it" is quite common. The burden of proof is on the accusers.

They don't have to tell us that "So and so" 3 bet/mini raised seting up an all in several times with his buddy(s) holding the nuts, but they do need to say that yes, so and so was caught colluding. Or was caught improprerly funding his account. Or whatever.

Pick up any major newspaper in the world, who did what is right on the front page.

Just to say we are keeping your money---too bad, is really really alarming.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:59 PM

wouldn't it be nice if the company in which deals with millions of dollars of other peoples money a day moving over country lines Had a freakin phone number.. How wrong is that? If something goes wrong remember that, all you have is the Email game they have become very adept at playing. It is a powerless feeling when they can screw you, and you can't talk to a person about it, you have to wait and Email them, then wait, then wait some more. You just bought them 10,000 hockey jerseys for forty somethings to wear.....
Old 11-28-2006, 11:01 PM

Exactly Frank, say Ftp decided to pack their [censored], close down and steal everyones money. What in the world could someone do to them? Nothing!!!! Trust is all you have in the poker community and when a site takes 2 1/2 months to close a matter and gives you a undetermined answer why they came to this conclusion how can you trust it?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
25/50 NL, 50/100 NL and 100/200 O/8 and won money at 30/60 limit, 100/200 limit, 100/200 NL, and 25/50 PLO.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is very odd to me. You say you deposited $600. How were you able to play any of these limits with such a small deposit? You were playing the lottery?

What limits did you start at with $600?

EDIT: I know it's possible that you short-stacked a 25/50 NL or PLO game, but that sounds a little weird. Is that what you did?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:04 PM

Must have been 30/60 then when I got to 1k I went to 25/50 Nl I beleive, it has been so long I don't even remember but I would love someone to post all my hand history.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Must have been 30/60 then when I got to 1k I went to 25/50 Nl I beleive, it has been so long I don't even remember but I would love someone to post all my hand history.

[/ QUOTE ]
You deposited $600 and started playing 30/60 with 10 BBs? I'm not saying it means you're guilty of anything, but it does seem a little weird. You didn't take any transactions from anyone?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:07 PM

Yes obviously I had no intention to grind it out. It was 20 bb not 10 1st of all, you never seen anyone sit in 10/20 Nl with only 400 bucks or 30/60 on stars with $300 bro?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:16 PM

bb= big bet, not big blind, (when playing limit poker), so it's 10, and I really don't think it's that unusual for someone to gamble it up, but you've been asked a couple of times: did you receive any transfers through the site?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:19 PM

I don't know whether eric did something wrong or not, but he is owed an explanation, timely communications, and a fair and transparent process.

In any case, this thread does convince me that FT doesn't meet the minimum standards of corporate ethics required for me to do business with them.

[ QUOTE ]
It really makes no difference to me whether OP was guilty of cheating or not. Either way, Full Tilt has behaved atrociously. How can we tolerate a site that will just confiscate your money with no explanation or justification whatsoever?

I certainly hope that they will investigate fraud aggressively and punish it harshly. But if they are going to investigate or punish someone, it's essential that they tell the person what the allegation is! Tons of people may have innocently or inadvertently done something that looks suspicious. If they knew what the concern was, they could at least defend themselves and present their side of the story, and prevent mistakes. Why FT wouldn't want to do this is incomprehensible to me. Obviously they don't want to reveal the algorithms they're using to detect various kinds of fishy play, but to not say what type of fishy play they're concerned about just leaves the door wide open for mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread