Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2006, 06:06 AM

Default Razz hand for consideration.

I'm new to Razz (patiently waiting for the mail lady to deliver Sklansky on Poker). With the low card on board and the villain completing the bet (which he almost never did), I put him on an ante steal.

Full Tilt Poker Game #421672397: Table Sandy Grove - $0.50/$1 Ante $0.10 - Limit Razz - 4:15:55 ET - 2006/02/05
*** 3RD STREET ***
Dealt to Player 1 [9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Dealt to Player 2 [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Dealt to Player 3 [K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Dealt to Player 4 [J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Dealt to Villain [5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Dealt to Hero [2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Dealt to Player 5 [J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Dealt to Player 6 [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Player 3 is high with [K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Player 3 brings in for $0.15
Player 4 folds
Villain completes it to $0.50
Hero calls $0.50
Folds around.
Pot=$1.95
*** 4TH STREET ***
Dealt to Villain [5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Dealt to Hero [2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Villain bets $0.50
Hero calls $0.50
Pot=$2.95
*** 5TH STREET ***
Dealt to Villain [5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Dealt to Hero [2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Villain bets $1
Hero calls $1
Pot=$4.95
*** 6TH STREET ***
Dealt to Villain [5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Dealt to nocto [2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Hero bets $1
Villain calls $1
Pot=$6.95
*** 7TH STREET ***
Dealt to Hero [2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]][5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Hero bets $1
Villain calls $1
Final pot=$8.95

Did I donk this one and get lucky, make a good play, or something in between?
Old 02-05-2006, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Razz hand for consideration.

I don't know much about Razz, but I wouldn't think you are supposed to continue with a blank door card when the person completes the bet and you have 3 players with smaller door cards than you including the 5 (completer) and the 6.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:21 AM

Calling on third is bad. Failing to raise with a board lock on sixth is terrible. Failing to raise with the stone nuts on the river is terrible. Fourth and fifth are fine, but you shouldn't have been in there in the first place.

BTW, this belongs in the stud forum. Not that any of us play razz or anything. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2006, 03:21 PM

LOL, wow...thats what I get for posting after being up all night, should've waited and checked it over myself before posting [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. For some reason, at the time I thought that the other lower cards on board were going to lay it down. Player 1 was a no-brainer, I knew he would. I gambled that player 6 would (he was super tight). BTW, Villain had 7 8 in the hole, so I was right that he was on a steal (though the situation wasn't as good as I thought).

Did a quick check on twodimes.

We were 40%/60% on 3rd St.

I took the lead on 4th 63%/37% (though I had no way of knowing this at the time).

My lead increased on 5th 68%/32%

Of course, by 6th, he's drawing dead

I didn't fail to raise on 6th and 7th as I had the lead in betting and thus couldn't raise.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:48 PM

Sorry, misread it. If you had indicated that the other guy had checked, it might have helped. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Third is still a fold. I'm not sure about fourth, but it's probably OK. The rest is fine.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, misread it. If you had indicated that the other guy had checked, it might have helped. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The other guy didn't check. It is a stud-low game and the board determins position. Once the Q hits the villian Hero is first to act.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:51 AM

I let it go on third.