Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 02:05 AM

Default Re: KK, yo.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Against an opponent who takes a strange line like this on the flop it's tough to read exactly what his handrange is and tough for me to know if I have room for a valuebet or if I'm getting checkraised, or worse yet, if he realizes I have KK and he has JTs and a checkraise is +EV for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it actually possible for this guy to be this good and make that flop donk 3-way? (Not a rhetorical question).

[/ QUOTE ]

i see tags make similiar donks all the time. i dont think its particuliarly bad.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ok when did this dude become a super expert that could see into our soul.

[/ QUOTE ]

If DPR can say "that checkraise is gonna hurt" from reading a post, it's just one more level of thinking for this guy to bluff raise, and not unpossible IMO. So I don't think a bluff checkraise is frequent, but when we're talking about a situation the slim possibility plus the fact we lose the whole (large) pot could easily swing this to a check IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

dpr is a top player (i think.) most arent top players and thus dont think like dpr.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If DPR can say "that checkraise is gonna hurt" from reading a post, it's just one more level of thinking for this guy to bluff raise, and not unpossible IMO. So I don't think a bluff checkraise is frequent, but when we're talking about a situation the slim possibility plus the fact we lose the whole (large) pot could easily swing this to a check IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

dpr is a top player (i think.) most arent top players and thus dont think like dpr.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands do I have a value bet against that you think he plays like this?

Rob
Old 11-28-2006, 02:10 AM

I think I like your check. You obviously wanted to get to SD cheap without too much action, here's your opportunity.

I don't think the value bet argument holds as much water since your hand is fairly transparent, as about everything except KK-JJ and 99 probably raises or folds somewhere.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:13 AM

I think reads or #s on the limper are really important here, as they could illuminate the potential motivation for the TAGs donk. Got any?

This is an interesting hand, Entity, but I'm actually more interested in what villain had, and if he played it well. Assuming I had a decent sample on you, I don't think I would ever bet this flop in his position.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:15 AM

The limper was meh. Bad enough to limp in 6max then call two cold preflop, but not the worst player ever or anything. Imagine something like 40/12/1.2 if you need a general stat idea.

Rob
Old 11-28-2006, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

nearly any pair less than k.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

nearly any pair less than k.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he bets JTs (or 88), bets it on the turn, then check-calls it on the river? Why?

Rob
Old 11-28-2006, 02:21 AM

"So he bets JTs (or 88), bets it on the turn, then check-calls it on the river? Why?"

i dont know why.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"So he bets JTs (or 88), bets it on the turn, then check-calls it on the river? Why?"

i dont know why.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he were 35/12, I'd agree (or any other number of stats) and I'd bet in a flash. Against this guy, though -- he's at least got preflop play down perfectly and he doesn't play badly enough postflop for me to say that he's a mouthbreather, which I say about a lot of my opposition. Does that count for anything?

I'm a bit amazed that you so adamantly think we're ahead here > 55% when we're called.

Rob