Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2006, 05:54 PM

Default Ebay Ad nauseum : Bookseller version

Hello all, and thanks for all your antecedent and soon to be recieved help. I have found a wonderful little spot to buy used books in town, and wanted to use this chance to sell them for a bit of extra money. I went to the only place that struck me as evident, Ebay. I sold a few, had some nice ones even. First Am. Ed of nine-teen eighty four, very early printing of Cather, and some others. Problem is, I just don't sell enough of the other books. Now clearly good choices would make my questions about moot, but entertain me.

I have thus far been listing them with gallery pictures and several inside, and also have stared them out at 10.00 for a book I know nothing of, or one that was printed recently. All are hardback, I have been listing them in one single catagory, and selling them in a regular auction for 5 days time.

Does this sound reasonable to anyne already involved, or am I off the mark with my strategy. Shoul I abandin Ebay, or simply amend my tactics to fit the market.

Any comments appreciated, even funny one-liners.

Cam
Old 11-27-2006, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Ebay Ad nauseum : Bookseller version

I don't take my book collecting very seriously, but I'll say that most of the time I'll buy collectibe books on www.abebooks.com. I don't know what it takes to become an affiliated vendor on this site. But for some of the $$ titles, you might get more on ABE.