Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2006, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Pacific ghost cards

I had no idea that this option had been introduced. For some reason, Pacific not only doesn't auto-update, but neither do they tell you when an update is available.

So I asked them how I am supposed to learn about such things. Here's their reply:

Dear Shania,

Thank you for contacting Pacific Poker.

My name is Mr X and I will be assisting you today in regards to your question regarding our "Ghost Card" feature.

Shania, I am sorry that you were no informed that this feature was available. This may have been due to the fact you do not have the version of the software which allows you to have access to the feature.

The Ghost Card feature is available at Texas Hold'em, Omaha Hi and Omaha Hi/Lo Ring Games and Texas Hold'em Tournaments. A minimum of two active players must be seated. You can enable the Ghost Card feature in the Settings by checking the "Show Ghost Cards" box.

This information is posted on our site, all you will need to do is visit pacificpoker.com then click on the "Help & Support" tab. Once the page has loaded you will need to select the title "Tips on Using the software which is located underneath the "Help & Support' tab. You will then need to select the from the box located on the left the option "Guide to the Poker Table", after this page has loaded please choose option 18 and you will be able to view more information on the "Ghost Cards".

If you are not clear on how to remove the present version on the software you presently have you will need to do the following:

To remove all the Pacific Poker programs from your computer please click on Start/Settings/Control Panel, then click on the add-remove programs icon.

Scroll down until you reach the Pacific Poker software and remove it.

Then go to C:/Program files and delete the Pacific Poker folder that may still be there.

The software is now uninstalled. Before re-installing Pacific Poker, it is strongly advised that you reboot your PC.

To then reinstall please click on the link below to initiate the download of the Pacific Poker software:

setupspcp1.888.com/setups/support/full/en/3.509/pacificpokersetup.exe

You will then be downloading and installing Pacific Poker again.

With the link I have provided you the newest version of our software will be downloaded on your PC and you will be able to access the ghost cards. Should you not know how to locate this information I have provided it below please view:

- The "Settings" tab is located in the lobby of your account and you will need to click on the tab to access the other options available.

- In the column which says "Game Settings" you should be able to view a box which is not marked that reads "Show Ghost Cards". You will need to mark this box.

You will now have this feature activated, once you play on any of the tables above and there is a remainder of two persons at the table you will be able to have access to the Ghost Cards.

I hope the information I have provided has been very beneficial.

Shania, I would like to also make you aware of the freerolls that we host everyday on our site. By your participation you are eligible to win a portion of $50 or $100 depending on the freeroll that you enter. The funds are real although you do not have to pay for the participation. Just be sure to check out our ?Multitables? tab in the lobby.

Should you require further assistance please contact us. We are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

It is a pleasure to have you as a member and we look forward to assisting you in the future again.

Kind regards,

X (Mr)
Member Support Representative
Pacific Poker

I think I'd prefer an auto-update.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:11 PM

They really need to use auto-update, do they expect users to do this process everyday?
Old 11-27-2006, 02:33 AM

At least they stopped requiring you to pat your head and rub your belly while chanting "rubber baby buggy bumpers" during install.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:34 AM

Mike,

I´ve received yesterday the email from Pacific in which they anounced the ghost cards (I just love this term) and some other stuff.

Maybe they only sent this mail out to the biggest fish ... OUCH!