Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2006, 02:39 AM

Default I finally gave in to the temptation of myspace (quick rant)

I finally sucumbed to temptation and finally started looking at myspace. I had refused all these years to even take a look at that site, me being the anti-trend follower that i am. I started looking at the people of my zip code and let me tell you im embarrased. How can people pimp themselves out in such a way? posting silly/embarrasing pics of themselves, attention-whoring in the internet, making themselves to be cooler,smarter,hipper,better looking etc etc than they really are just for attention. This is attention-whoring at its worst. This is the whore of babylon prophecies spoke about! it is wrong wrong wrong!

Like Sonny said in the Godfather II when he starts talking about blood and family to Michael, "They're saps because they fight for strangers." What ever happened to the family men? what ever happened to those that only cared about their family and flipped the middle finger to everyone else? since when did our society become obsessed with attention-whoring?since when did we have to get attention from strangers in order to feel good? you might say there is no problem but kids not even in high school have their own myspace! it is just wrong.

I guess im alone in the world when it comes to this issue and you might make fun of me, but i don't care. I stand alone with the few old fashioned. Just had to vent a little.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:48 AM

Default Re: I finally gave in to the temptation of myspace (quick rant)

mmm jaded
Old 11-26-2006, 04:09 AM

Default Re: I finally gave in to the temptation of myspace (quick rant)

That good looking girl never responded to your message, did she? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]