Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2006, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Official Michelle Wie Thread

Wie (17 over) misses cut at Casio World Open

Niiice, at least she's moving up, next spot third to last!
Old 11-24-2006, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I wish I was asleep and this wasn't on the front page. Another stellar performance from my girl. Oh well. I think she RSVP'd for the Sony.

It will be interesting to watch what happens if she continues playing poorly. I'm thinking a miserable showing in the Sony will mean her last PGA or Euro exemption unless she wins a feMajor.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I wish I was asleep and this wasn't on the front page. Another stellar performance from my girl. Oh well. I think she RSVP'd for the Sony.

It will be interesting to watch what happens if she continues playing poorly. I'm thinking a miserable showing in the Sony will mean her last PGA or Euro exemption unless she wins a feMajor.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's niiice...might have to start using this and not giving you any credit whatsoever, ummmkay?
Old 11-24-2006, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That's niiice...might have to start using this and not giving you any credit whatsoever, ummmkay?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dawg, as long as you 1) keep hatin and 2) keep it real, we fine.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Ummmm, Euro Tour Exemptions????

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a bit disappointed when the Michelle fans didn't link the story a month or two back where the Euro Tour director had lunch with Omega officials and pretty much said Michelle wasn't welcome on the Euro tour anymore. I thought it might be bad taste to post it myself. I don't expect to see a lot more of Michelle on the European Tour. I don't think she is officially banned, but I don't expect to see her out there unless things change in the future.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think she is officially banned, but I don't expect to see her out there unless things change in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]
Particularly since her performances have all been so terrible relative to her previous finishes in the same events. The article mentioned that this is the same venue where she bogeyed the last two holes to finish just a stroke out of the cut last year. This year she was only spared a last-place finish thanks to an amateur being in the field.

To her credit, the quotes I read weren't embarrassing excuse-fests like they seem to have been in the past.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:23 PM

She is getting worse...obviously she is burned out and frustrated from the media scrutiny. at this moment, she's probably not even top 10 on the LPGA tour.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She is getting worse...obviously she is burned out and frustrated from the media scrutiny. at this moment, she's probably not even top 10 on the LPGA tour.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go that far. Is Phil Mickelson played right now, he probably wouldn't look Top 50 on the PGA. Unfortunately Michelle is playing poorly most likely due to school commitments, etc and the stress of the year. She should've taken the rest of the year off (although I'm sure her "advisors" thought differently.

I was one of the people who supported her attempts on the men's tours, but that was when she was missing by 1 or 2 shots. The way she looks now, she shouldn't be playing at all.

I don't have any doubt she'll be top 5 on the LPGA tour next year though.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:54 PM

Perhaps being out of the top 10 is going too far, she is way too talented to not be consistently in the top 10..But I for sure cannot see her beating the likes of Annika, Lorena, and Karrie Webb in the next year...the frustration is building up on her...she knows that she will have to defend herself after each poor shot.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Michelle Wie, -2, T11 after morning round...

Spammer