Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 05:37 PM

Default KQ hits trips 200NL 6-max

I figured turkey day would be a good time to test the waters at $200NL. The games should be loose and also I scored a $5k freeroll win on Tuesday (brag). However, this table is reasonably tight. I'm going miss those idiot short stacks pushing 30bb w J4s [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

No particular reads on anybody. BB is 35/4 over 50 hands, button 45/10 over around 20 hands. I have been getting good hole cards and have raised 18% of my 50 hands.

Dealt to hero UTG K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB post $1, CO posts $2, Hero raises to $8, 2 folds, buttons calls, SB folds, BB calls

Flop ($27) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets $8, hero calls, button calls

Turn ($51) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets $16, hero calls, button calls

River $99 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets $16, hero ??

I played this kind of slow, because I am either way ahead (most likely) or way behind. I can't think of a Q hand apart from AQ that calls pre-flop - maybe QJ?, but then I'm in trouble by the turn. I thought they both had pocket pairs pocket pairs though. Comments on all steets?
Old 11-23-2006, 05:41 PM

Default Re: KQ hits trips 200NL 6-max

The goal of poker is to let your opponents make the mistake. Right now, by just calling each street, you aren't giving them that chance. Put a raise somewhere on the flop or turn at least that way giving them a chance to make a mistake of calling with a pocketpair.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:45 PM

I would've definitely raised his weak bet on the flop.

and the turn
Old 11-23-2006, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The goal of poker is to let your opponents make the mistake. Right now, by just calling each street, you aren't giving them that chance. Put a raise somewhere on the flop or turn at least that way giving them a chance to make a mistake of calling with a pocketpair.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree completely...I would most likely raise the turn. I think because of how you played the hand i just call the river.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:51 PM

I consider this a monster flop obvious to all. I like the call on the flop, but the slowplay again on the turn just begs for disaster. You need to put in a raise on the turn here and not give another free card. You cant worry about another Q being out there, just give your opponent a chance to commit more chips to the pot with a raise.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:56 PM

Which mistake is more likely? Calling a raise on this board with a pocket pair or betting again/calling a turn bet by me?
Old 11-23-2006, 06:14 PM

calling the flop and raising the turn screams monster

just raise the flop now, get the money in