Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 06:02 AM

Default Re: Win rates for low limits

he bluffed asking for a 7? metagame obv
Old 11-23-2006, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Win rates for low limits

[ QUOTE ]
here's probably as good a place as any for go fish discussion since 2p2 doesn't have a forum for it (yet).

i'm playing HU NLGF. doyle brunson once called it the "submarine of poker". opponent is some snot-nosed kid who thinks he is good (claims to have a 4.5 bb/10 WR at GF lifetime rofl). all the 2s, 5s, 8s, Ts, Qs and As are dead. i hold 34777K. he's a decent hand reader, so i'm slowplaying the 7s until i hammer him. one pair of 3s, 4s, 9s and Js are out, and we've got 7 cards left in the draw pile. he must think he's winning because i've got 6 cards and he has 5, but i assume he's just a kid with a dream who once tried to understand omaha, lost his mind, and picked up GF to fix his gambling habit.

soanyway, he's got 5, i have 6 with 7 left in the draw. he completes the sb and i check my option to further disguise the strength of my hand. he insisted that we play reverse style HU (everyone hates it, but he started to cry when i wanted to play normal), so he's first to act. he asks "do you have a 7?" (lol what a fish). i obviously say "no", since i don't just have one 7, i have 3 of them. he draws, and furrows his brow. he raises to 60 straight. i think he's making a free card play since it's obviously not a value raise and i don't think he's capable of a bluff with all the aces out. i reraise to 150. he minraises to 300, and i shove. thoughts?

results in white:<font color="white">
he called and showed 99JJ66. he was slowplaying the whole time. so he discarded and raked the chips. i then hit him in the face with a hammer and took his wallet. he had about $1250 on him at the time, about 25 bbs. i wrote "gg fishy" on a napkin and stapled it to his unconcious body. </font>

so that worked out to 5 bb/100 on the day, but obv that isn't sustainable in the long run. thoughts on the shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.