Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2006, 03:59 AM

Default Re: **OFFICIAL** LOST Season 3 Episode 6 Thread -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
one thing i haven't seen mentioned in this thread...

on the radio with kate, does jack ever say anything about taking sawyer with her? does he intend for sawyer to get away?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really didnt get this either. At first Im thinking "ok hes gonna pull a corney selfless act of kindness move and set free the two love birds." But then he doesnt say anything about her taking sawyer with him. If the writers intended for it to be a package deal, they really screwed up. As the episode aired jack kinda looks like an ass thats being indirectly selfish, if that makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt Jack looked like he was desperate, which made him do things that when you have all the facts seem selfish. Consider his situation isolated from the other happenings, and I think his actions just come off as those of a man desperately trying to exert some control over his situation.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IMO Jack is easily the best character on the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only that, Jack represents the return of a deep, quality, traditional "good guy" to modern television. There really has only been one other in the past few years. (hint: the other one is not on network TV)

[/ QUOTE ]

dirty,

Awesome, a riddle about what character some useless person on the internet thinks is a "good guy!" Fantastic! I sure do hope we get a good guessing game going about who you think that is! (warning, level 0 sarcasm precedes this parenthetical.)

I don't watch too much TV but I think without trying I could name, oh, infinity "deep, quality, traditional 'good guys'" from modern television "in the past few years."

don't be [censored] retard. if the jack character were uniformly good, (which he has already proven to be at least "conflicted" even if he usually seems to be "doing the right thing," so who knows) he wouldn't be a very good character at all. if they don't start making him just a touch less earnest, less "good guy," etc, he's going to go right up there with the list of other [censored] tv characters, like:

1) Kate: OMG WHAT AN INTERESTING CHARACTER: she runs away from stuff! she was not a bad person but she did something bad because she was in a [censored] situation and now she's running all the time!!! OMG HOW INTERESTING!

2) Anna (or whatever her name was): OMG WHAT AN INTERESTING CHARACTER: she shoots people she shouldn't! OMG HOW INTERESTING.

give me a break. without more information about the characters (which will hopefully come, i'm not saying that the characters or the show suck, i'm just saying that they're perpetually asking for more time), i think people who call these characters who have had basically no development at all "the best character on tv" or whatever are just silly.

personally i'm pretty upset about the fact that in the interviews they've basically stated that you're not going to get anything truly fulfilling information-wise until the end of the series is approaching. unfortunately my gut says that really good character stuff is going to mostly wait until then too. meh.

citanul
Old 11-23-2006, 12:28 AM

Well I just got home from the bar and was channel surfing. I flipped to a Christian channel about Jesus. Guess who was playing Jesus???? The actor is in white below from the movie "The Gospel of John".

<font color="white"> Desmound aka Henry Ian Cusick </font>
Old 11-23-2006, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I just got home from the bar and was channel surfing. I flipped to a Christian channel about Jesus. Guess who was playing Jesus???? The actor is in white below from the movie "The Gospel of John".

<font color="white"> Desmound aka Henry Ian Cusick </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at whiting out the actor's name.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:51 PM

Ok, I'm up to date!

I pretty much exclusively watch TV through Netflix these days, but Lost has prompted me to actually get fully caught up and start watching its live broadcasts.

My wife and I started season 1 like 6 weeks ago, so we've blitzed through everything in a hurry.

Some favorite moments:

- Opening scene of Season 2, with Desmond listening to Mama Cass and going through his daily routine. Holy [censored] [censored] that whole scene blew me away.

- Juliette showing Jack the video of herself with the flip cards. OMGOMGOMGOMG

- The two guys at the north pole.

- Four toed statue.

- Hurley's flashbacks, both the ones where he won the lottery and the ones where he was in the madhouse.

- Many more that I can't recall right now.....

In the last year, my wife and also watched Six Feet Under and The Sopranos in their entirety, and I think Lost is the best show out of the three of them (with 6FU a close second).

A few lols

- People who complain about not getting answers. You do realize that if you find everything out now, the show will be ruined, right? Read Assani's post. The important question is not, "when are we getting the answers," it's "are we getting the answers ever?" And the answer to that is yes. I get frustrated when the characters don't take the opportunity to ask real obvious questions too, but it's just something you have to accept.

- People who can't remember [censored] about the episodes. How can you watch a show that is based on about a billion different characters that are all connected through random coincidences and little tiny plot points... when you can't remember the most obvious things?????? hyachachachachacha

Anyway... like I said we're up to date as of a few days ago, now we're waiting until February along with everyone else... and already missing the show.

I think the rest of season 3 is going to be sick, but I can't think about it too much more or I'll just get annoyed that I can't watch it right now.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:44 AM

All,

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!

That is all.

GS
Old 02-06-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Some favorite moments:

- Opening scene of Season 2, with Desmond listening to Mama Cass and going through his daily routine. Holy [censored] [censored] that whole scene blew me away.

- Juliette showing Jack the video of herself with the flip cards. OMGOMGOMGOMG

- The two guys at the north pole.

- Four toed statue.

- Hurley's flashbacks, both the ones where he won the lottery and the ones where he was in the madhouse.

- Many more that I can't recall right now.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I also like the first few minutes of episode 1 (Season 3)
Old 02-06-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!

That is all.

GS

[/ QUOTE ]

HELL [censored] YEAAAAHHHHHH
Old 02-06-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!

That is all.

GS

[/ QUOTE ]

Not here [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

UNC-Duke game is bumping it so it doesn't air until Thursday @ 7 pm
Old 02-06-2007, 03:50 PM

nice i can't wait. i don't know what i am looking forward to more, watching the episode or dropping the hammer on any idiots posting in the official thread (to be created by grandmastabone)