Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 10:29 PM

Default Re: What\'s the most spectacular thing you ever witnessed personally?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I pitched in the Little League World Series World Championship game versus Chinese Taipei when I was 12. Like 40,000 people in attendance. I gave up 10 runs (6 earned, 4 unearned) in 5 innings and hit a homerun in the first. We lost 13-3. Looking at the crowd from the mound was the most spectacular thing I've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The opportune time to make this thinly veiled brag has finally arrived for you, sir. Too bad the Japs kicked the chit outta ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is what it is. I was 12. I'm not ashamed. It was cool. I didn't have to put in the parts about giving up 10 runs, or us losing 13-3, but I did because that's what happened. That doesn't sound like a brag to me, but whatever. I can still appreciate how fortunate I was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that would be awesome, win or lose. What year was it?
Old 11-22-2006, 10:37 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

we had a new years party 3 years ago. i lived with my 3 best friends in a rented house. our friend, who is a firefighter was incredibly drunk and set a shirt on fire in the living room. we had 3 fire extinguishers, one in the room, one in the bathroom and one in the laundry room(the bathroom one was right next to the living room). i happened to be in the laundry room and smelled the fire and brought it in just in case. he stamped out the fire and all was fine.

HOWEVER, 10 seconds later all 3 fire extinguishers had been completely emptied on everyone in the room and it looked like it had snowed, but like ONLY in our living room. Naturally, i got a skateboard and started skateboarding around and eventually slipped off and flew over the couch. my housemate stole the board and started riding it through the living room with 2 wineglasses in his hands. he fell, both glasses shattered all over his hands and arms and he ran into the bathroom in his bedroom yelling. at this point i went in and bore witness to what could only be the 2nd dirtiest room in our house if the living room was covered in fire extinguisher dust. his blood had sprayed all over his bathroom walls as if a serial killer had gone on a rampage.

after that, he insisted that we leave the blood to show out 4th housemate when he got back from vacation with his girlfriend(they shared that bathroom). and not suprisingly, by the time he got back, the blood had dried into the paint and he had to repaint the bathroom because the blood would never come out. that night was kind of insane.

rj

also, when i was driving home from LA to Santa barbara once, i saw a dead body laying in the road right after a horrid car accident. it was really really troubling. apparently they had went out through the windshield and their skull was crushed on the pavement.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:45 PM

When i was 9 I was riding in the back seat of the car and my Father was driving. We pulled up to an intersection where the car directly in front had burst into flames - people still inside. My Dad instanly jumps out pulls the people out then runs into the fast food joint on the corner grabs a fire extinguisher and puts out the fire, checks the occupants and then gets back in the car. My Mom and I are stunned by it all - he only tells us he's trained to react not think and then we drive on. He served 26 years on the Phoenix police department.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:46 PM

VEISHEA riots of 04 at ISU.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:49 PM

I, along with 8 other friends witnised a low flying noiseless round shaped vessel hovering/moving slowly forward approx. 200 ft off the ground, this vehicle had several lights set around its circumference that were shining down at various angles, the lights were so bright that at midnight the area seemed lit up like daytime - except that it was a white light.

the ship later headed out towards the ocean and then seemed to instantly transport offshore what seemed like 2-3 miles
in seconds flat, and all that was visible were the lights

this took place over 10 years @ Oso Flaco Lake where there are nviromentally protected sand dunes that border the famous Pismo and Oceano dunes

there is quite a bit more to this story and I will to relate more if anyone is ionterested when I have time, it looked EXACTLY like the UFO from 'Greatest American Hero' not sure if it was one or not, could have been some experimental craft being tested out of Vandenburg Air Force Base which was about 20 minutes away from our campsite in the dunes - as the crow flies
Old 11-22-2006, 10:53 PM

Probably an all-out brawl between the Blues and Red Wings back around 1993, whence Cujo beat the crap out of Tim Cheveldae, and Robert Probert tried to attack a fan from the penalty box with his helmet.

This was 1 minute into my first live Hockey game. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Other less spectacular things I've seen: Some dude passed out on the ground getting kicked in the head several times outside a club in Dallas about 8 years ago. I also saw a really sublime house fire in our neighborhood once.

Pretty uneventful first 27 years. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2006, 11:03 PM

I was taking a boat cruise of NYC and witnessed the first plane go into the tower. Not something I like remembering, but pretty unforgettable.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was taking a boat cruise of NYC and witnessed the first plane go into the tower. Not something I like remembering, but pretty unforgettable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were on a boat cruise at 8:30 on a Tuesday morning?
Old 11-22-2006, 11:11 PM

This story might get a little long, but it's incredible.

Each year I play in the Wine Tournament at my country club, and it's been run for years by a pair of best friends. It's a three-day better ball golf tournament. The friends who run it were in their mid-sixties this year when one of them, Ken, dropped dead a month before the event.

The other man, Fletch, decided he would partner with Ken's son Kyle for this year's tournament. Ken and Kyle had been partners for 15 years; Kyle is now 30. He didn't know if he could even play, as it was going to be so emotional for him.

This year 65 teams played in 8 different flights. There is a winner of each flight and an overall, net score winning team.

On the final day I came in after my team's round and gave the scorer our card. A large crowd had already gathered in the clubhouse and I could tell something was up.

I found out that Fletch and Kyle -- both 18 handicaps -- had shot a net 58 to tie one other team for the overall tournament best score. Kyle's mother was crying. Fletch could barely hold it together. They announced that Kyle and Fletch would go out for a playoff with the other team -- a pair of brothers in their mid-30s who are much better players.

A crowd of 100 of us gathered to watch them play the first playoff hole -- Kyle with tears in his eyes, his mother looking on. It was nearly overwhelming for all of us watching, pulling so hard for Fletch and Kyle. They were playing a par 5, uphill, without strokes.

Kyle was quickly out of the hole, and it was clear the other team was going to make a par 5. Fletch was the only hope. He was faced with a fourth shot from 155 yards, uphill but blocked out by three trees. It looked hopeless.

Fletch pulled a 4-wood, knocked it up, and it did not touch even one of what must have been three dozen tightly packed branches. The ball landed short of the green, two feet in front of a pot bunker, and bounced over the sand. We watched, stunned, as it came to rest one foot from the hole for a tap-in 5.

Well, we all went insane. Imagine being at Augusta when Tiger holed out at 16 two years ago. Being there when Mickelson holed his winner. Was it that loud? No, surely not, but it felt that way. They had tied the hole and moved to the 6th hole, a downhill par 5.

Again it was looking bleak. Fletch was out of the hole after hitting into a creek. Both brothers on the other team had about 10 feet for birdie. Kyle had played his second shot from under a tree and hooked it about 30 yards left of the green, but hole high.

He had short-sided himself, and we were all just hoping he could keep his ball on the green, setting up some kind of birdie putt. We were hoping par might be good enough to tie the hole. My friend Mike, standing next to me, muttered under his breath, "Don't chunk it, Kyle. C'mon buddy. Anywhere on the green."

When Kyle struck his pitch shot it appeared to be short. I heard a few people around me groan. But it landed barely on the fringe and kicked forward. Rolling at a fast speed, I knew it was headed well past the hole.

Then, impossibly, it disappeared. The ball crashed into the flagstick dead-center and dropped for an eagle 3. For a split second there was a gasp -- like someone had punched all of us in the stomach -- and then the disbelief turned into pure joy.

Kyle dropped to his knees and buried his face in his hands, sobbing. His mother sprinted out and hugged Fletch, crying as well. We all were. The roaring was sustained and amplified with a mix of emotions. No TV movie would ever dare to be so syrupy and unrealistic.

Except that it was real. I was hugging my friends and cheering wildly. The brothers who were beaten just stood there, smiling and clapping. Eventually we gathered around Kyle and took turns hugging him, telling him how incredible a moment it was that he had just created.

"That was Dad," Kyle told me. "I've never made an eagle in my life. That was Dad on the last hole when Fletch hit his miracle shot."

I heard myself say, "I know." I'm not sure I even believed it -- I don't believe in angels, ghosts, or the afterlife -- but how, in that moment, could I not believe it?

It will forever be one of the most amazing things I will ever witness.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:14 PM

When i was working for Tesco i accidentily tipped over a cage full of eggs.

probably around 800-1000 eggs, all over the floor.

yeah i've lived an exciting life.

Edit: Actually, when i was six, i was in a swimming pool when the IRA detonated a huge truck bomb nearby. All the windows in the swimming pool bent inwards and smashed. That was pretty amazing.