Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Crap!

Exactly. My Bread and Butter game at present time is AP 1-2 where I do my 20usd/hour, which is a good "sure bet". No big swings. Steady income.

My Bread and Butter game for some years was a 15/30 live game. Sometimes it is PLO games.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:52 PM

Ok, well the strategy discussion seems to have reached its end, though I think the best plan of action isn't exactly conclusive. In this particular hand, I wen't with b/c and lost to ATo. Turns out my initial impression of playing him playing decently well may be a little off - or perhaps he was just tilting a little.

Oh, and for those wondering why I'm playing 2/4, no I'm not busto. I switched over to NL back in July for a few months, and stopped playing entirely from mid sept to mid nov. I've decided to get back into limit for now, and am going to grind my way up from 2/4. I'm definitely a little rusty, and plan to make SSSH my home for the next while.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:38 PM

He seems to be like the usual donk-player who populate the tables. Considering that, you played your hand right. Against that type of player I had check-called the river. You can selldom fold to a raise at the end against a donk in my opinion, so bet-fold the river should not be a choice.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:53 PM

I was really excited when I saw this hand had 40+ responses because this river is very tricky and worthy of good debate. Then I read the non-sense and was very disappointed.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He seems to be like the usual donk-player who populate the tables. Considering that, you played your hand right. Against that type of player I had check-called the river. You can selldom fold to a raise at the end against a donk in my opinion, so bet-fold the river should not be a choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

So...he didn't have AA, AK, or KK. You might want to spend a little time playing higher limits before making statements like a TAG "will of course never call the flop or turn with less."
Old 11-22-2006, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was really excited when I saw this hand had 40+ responses because this river is very tricky and worthy of good debate. Then I read the non-sense and was very disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's because this hand isn't really debate friendly. We could do a little math though.

Say his range is AQ/AJ/AT/A7s/KQ/KT/QQ-88.

We're ahead of 38 combos and behind 43 combos. We need to be good 9-1 and have him call. So we need 43/9, or 4.77, combos of things we beat to call here in order to bet/fold, assuming here calls/raises all hands that beat us. So if he plays plays KT/QQ-88 4.77/38, or 12.6%, of the time, we have a bet/fold.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:01 AM

haven't read any other posts.

checkraising this flop is pretty bad. a CR here epitomizes the leak that held me back for hundreds of thousands of hands.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

checkraising this flop is pretty bad. a CR here epitomizes the leak that held me back for hundreds of thousands of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing you say this because by checkraising, I allow him to play perfectly? If so, I disagree, because I am also checkraising a much wider range including hands such as 22, 98s and others from time to time.

If there is another reason why you say this, please explain.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
uh, what do you suggest? c/c c/r? wa/wb?

i basically instantly c/r these flops against showdown monkey lagtags. the guy [censored] called down AT dude.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:49 AM

Scotty, I think calling the river raise was pretty terrible.