Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 05:59 AM

Default Re: (LC) How far upstream would you swim....

[ QUOTE ]
i really don't think i'd chase at all, there are so many more fishes in the sea at these low stakes, and often times or not you are misjuding the fish and he is a really good lag you just didn't undertand the play........

[/ QUOTE ]

Dchz,

I think you are right about there being an abundance of weak players. And I will admit that it's possible that some of the people I consider overaggro fishcakes are in fact winning, good lags. However, the player in question was fantastically bad and overaggro, as well as willing to call off nearly entire stacks while VERY far behind. However, this player was so shockingly aggressive that I had to change my game and become much more passive, and I didn't trust myself to make the correct decisions with way more money on the line than I'm accustomed too. Well, that and before I could get the courage, she left to tilt some more away at 10/20 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

--JimmyB13
Old 11-22-2006, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would be less willing to chase a maniac than a calling station due to varaince. But probably not more than 1 level up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hobo,

Very good point. I would have been much more inclined to follow up a loose passive, station fish rather than this one that would put me to a decision for my stack with pretty much any piece or draw.

Still, it's pretty tempting to try and take advantage of mistakes on a larger scale against a lagtard.

--JimmyB13
Old 11-22-2006, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Depends on the kind of fish, I dont really want to follow a 50/50 up but I would happily put 25% of my roll on the table if I had the jesus seat on a 100/0/0 WTSD: 100

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, I may move up 1level for the 1st guy, but the second guy its please let me play him HU, and please let me not be carddead, and please god let me win a 80/20 1time
Old 11-22-2006, 09:56 AM

I'd be willing to follow up to 5/10, but have to be very sure that it's not a good highstakes player that was just blowing of steam at a lower limit.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be willing to follow up to 5/10, but have to be very sure that it's not a good highstakes player that was just blowing of steam at a lower limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 11-22-2006, 01:42 PM

The other day I was at .23/.50, and there was this total lagtard who would limp with any two, and then min-raise a pf raiser. Oddly enough, no one pushed back at him, and he somehow had a stack of 4 buy-ins. He did it to me, I went AI w/ AK, he called w/ A8s, and I doubled up. He won half of it back from other fish at the table, then he did it to again. I pushed again, this time with QQ, and he called with 45s. If I found this guy in a $100/$200 game, I would totally sit down with my whole roll and play him. I might lose it all, but then I'd just take $500 from my next pay-check and build it back up from scratch.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:53 PM

You might find yourself unable to play your best game and make the right plays at these higher levels even against a fish. Also, wouldn't it be a great ploy to go down a level or two and make a few donk plays and get chased up and then play tighter..almost like changing gears but now at stakes where you are comfortable and the villain isnt
Old 11-22-2006, 03:24 PM

how do you know he's not a 10/20nl baller just blowing off some steam at your limits? maybe you're the fish he's reeling in? brilliant.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'll admit it....I'm newbish enough to have no idea what "QFT" means. Anyone want to help me out? How about "<3"? Or is it ">3"?

--JimmyB13
Old 11-22-2006, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you know he's not a 10/20nl baller just blowing off some steam at your limits? maybe you're the fish he's reeling in? brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I admit that this would be a brilliant ploy. However, I railed the 5/10 and 10/20 game being played and it was the same spewy game, and the next day was back multitabling 1/2.

However, when I become a big time higher limits balla, I think I will incorporate the move down and spew to get action at limits from low limit grinders out of their comfort zone!

--JimmyB13