Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 04:34 PM

Default Is blind stealing overrated or do I just suck?Stat post

I am becoming a regular at Pokerrom and have been doing some blinds analysis of my Pokerroom play. Many posters in this forum are advocating the blind stealing percentage to be 40%-ish.
However an examination of my stealing from the button shows that I have lost 0.08 BB/hand with stealing hands above 30% at Pokerrooms 3/6 and 5/10 tables.
My overall winrate was 1.74 BB/100 over 32000 hands.

I know I probably not going to get many answers.But I would really appreciate if players with overall winrates of 1 BB/100 and above would post their "stealing rates with marginal hands".
I'm especially interested of posts from players who has overall blind steals stats around 35-40% but any answer will do.

To save time for those who will help me see instructions below:

1. Go to the filters function in PT.
2. In Select specific hands check all boxes except 22+,A2s+,K5s+,Q7s+,J8s+,T8s+,98s+,A7o+,A5o,K9o+,Q9 o+,J9o+,
T8o+
3.Select tables between 4 and 6 players.
4.Positions off button=0
5.Under preflop raise choose raised first in

I know this is a lot of trouble but if you are stealing blinds 40% of the time isn't it worth to see in black and white that you're winning doing it? Analysis of your play is good even if it is just for ensurance.

A last question.And not an easy one
On a 3/6 table at Pokerrom and average rake of 4.26 % of the pot is taken. At Prima and Party it's about 3.10-3.30%.
How much that affect the hands you play from the blinds and your blind stealing?

I will post this in both small stakes and Mid-high stakes. It is my ambition to play 10/20 within a year and I will be delighted to see some "stealing win rates with marginal hands" from 10/20 players and above.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Is blind stealing overrated or do I just suck?Stat post

blind stealing is 100% about knowing your opponent, everything else is mostly worthless. raise any 2 against rocks, fold all but good quality hands against LAP's and LAGs and TAG's
Old 11-22-2006, 04:58 PM

My stats includes those reads and I presume that those who is willing to post stats also makes the adjustments you're talking about.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:18 PM

It's also different depending on what blind structure you're playing with. With a 2/3 blind structure you really need to take a look at BOTH opponents when you are stealing, because the SB will not be folding as much as they would with a 1/3 structure.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:38 PM

Over-rated? Nah.. But I assume the value of it is gradually decreasing as times goes on. The 1/2 - 5/10 SH LHE games aren't nearly as passive as they used to be. Most rocks have started to figure out that playing that style is boring, and not as profitable as a more aggressive style is. Even the fish who play horribly, are becoming harder to turn a signifigant profit against by playing more aggressive than they may have in the past. Not to say that it isn't possible to "beat" these guys, just that the average opponent seems to be more aware of small things like the importance of being aggressive postflop, particularly in 2 or 3handed situations.

And as giddyup mentioned above me, it definitely depends on blind structures. In the FT 5/10 games I've played in (1/2 structure), it is crucial to adjust your standards cuz you have a 45/20 in the SB who is coldcalling you or repopping you everytime you're raising from LP ("hell no I'm not folding this junk, I've got an SB to defend!")