Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 01:40 PM

Default Re: 100NL 6m KK faces flop push

1. I hate the PF call, I think you need to 4bet here all the time.

2. I hate the flop call. You give MP just the most lovely odds to draw against you. Reraise the pot here.

3. MP is doing one of three things. The first is pushing with something like 56s or AsJs. The second is playing the most donkarrific AQ. The third is that he has a set of sorts; prolly 77s. You don't know, of course, because you didn't raise on the flop. I say that all things considered, this is a fold against his range of hands.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. MP is doing one of three things. The first is pushing with something like 56s or AsJs. The second is playing the most donkarrific AQ. The third is that he has a set of sorts; prolly 77s. You don't know, of course, because you didn't raise on the flop. I say that all things considered, this is a fold against his range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying he either has a flush draw, top pair or a set and this is a fold?
Old 11-22-2006, 03:05 PM

I would eliminate TP from his range. It's either a set or a flush draw. You're a only small favorite over a flush-draw/gotshot or an A-high flush draw, and almost dead to a set. Fold.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:38 PM

Otis,

Yes. What I didn't say - and this needs to be figured out based on reads and OP's judgment - is the percentage chances of each. Thus the "all things considered" part. You can't put him on one hand. What you can do is assess that you're confused about where he is and that, based on the action, there is a really good chance that he has a set. You're WB. If he has a flush draw (with an over), you're like 56 to 44. 56s, like 52 to 48. So you're basically coin flipping, really well behind, and a small percnetage of a time, well ahead against AQ. Fold. Pick up spots that are more +EV.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:41 PM

easiest call ever.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Otis,

Yes. What I didn't say - and this needs to be figured out based on reads and OP's judgment - is the percentage chances of each. Thus the "all things considered" part. You can't put him on one hand. What you can do is assess that you're confused about where he is and that, based on the action, there is a really good chance that he has a set. You're WB. If he has a flush draw (with an over), you're like 56 to 44. 56s, like 52 to 48. So you're basically coin flipping, really well behind, and a small percnetage of a time, well ahead against AQ. Fold. Pick up spots that are more +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are way way wrong, but thanks for the poker lesson I never though of putting people on hand ranges.

I think it's a call. But raise the flop please.

And yah, AQ isn't in his range.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Otis,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost positive it's 65s, 54s, or AJs, unless he's a really, really, good player or a complete donk.

And one thing to note, you have the K of spades, which knocks of one of his outs, and leaves possible (though unlikely) redraws.

Like the others say, re-raise PF, mainly so that you don't get in this situation.

Req