Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 12:13 PM

Default Freeroll score

Brag: 3rd in freeroll nets me $5k

Beat: Took 6 hours

Variance: lol donkaments

I've been bonus whoring the tribeca skins for the initial deposits. Basically getting 70% rakeback for the last couple of months. Pokerhost had a 100k freeroll for 999 players. You had to qualify via satelites, and I ignored it. But I must have been one of their higher volume players the past couple of weeks, because I got a call from their marketing director giving me a free seat to the main event.

Cool, but wasn't sure how cool. A $100 seat was enough money for me to want to do well, but I didn't really want to take any donkament seriously. However, the payout structure was fairly wide so there wasn't a danger of spending 3 hours playing and ending up empty handed.

I'd say i got lucky, in that I got good hands. I also played better than just about anybody else at my tables. My first orbit a dude mini-raised my big blind, I called with A3s. He called my 3bet push up on the turn, after I made two-pair. he flipped over 53o - drawing dead. Not everybody was that bad, but there were a lot of donks.

I was chip leader with 40 left and more or less held it through to the ft. The only bad beat I put on someone was rivering a J with JJ vs AA (all-in pre). I guess he must have felt bad, but it was only 1/3 of my stack. I did get more than my share of good starting hands though.

I had 20% of the chips going into the ft, but my cards dried up. The eventual winner sucked out on me w 55 vs my 77 and again w 67s vs my qjs, to bust me. It's hard to feel bad about winning about as much as I have paid in rake over the past year. Thanks Pokerhost, but I'm still moving on to the next skin as soon my deposit bonus is cleared.