Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 11:01 AM

Default Help to stop squandering my bankroll

Hey guys sorry if this is the wrong area to post but i was looking for some advice as to how to keep a steady and increasing bankroll..

I don't have any stats for you atm, hopefully can post some when i reposit next week during my holidays..
I believe my biggest fault was not having a bank account i could constantly withdrawel to..Do you find that being able to set yourself goals and withdrawel at certain stages helps?
I.E..I want to deposit around 200-250 and play 25NL. Do you think withdrawing in $25 or $50 stages and actually seeing my bank account increase will actually help me in keeping a steady game..I believe holding the money in my hand will inspire me to continue to play a tight and strong game

Well if anyone has any tips as to how to maintain and build their bankroll please feel free to let me know

P.S. Don't flame me if this is in the wrong forum
Old 11-22-2006, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Help to stop squandering my bankroll

Stop playing when you are starting to make mistakes. Keep all your money in your bankroll for now. Stop playing when you are starting to make mistakes. (repeat 5 times)
Old 11-22-2006, 11:14 AM

It really depends on what you want to get out of poker. If you're more interested in moving to higher stakes, don't take any money out at all. If you keep a permanently short BR (eg 10 buyins), and keep taking money out (assuming you're a winning player), you will eventually go bust. Standard is around 20BIs.

If you need to feel the money there in your hand in order to play well, perhaps you should say: At the end of every week
I will withdraw HALF of my winnings for that week. This should allow you to move up, more slowly sure, but also to enjoy your winnings.

Personally, i have huge problems with tilt and with paying attention at the tables. This is something i;'m getting better at, through a greater understanding of my own tilt warning signs, always quitting when i'm playing badly (v important), and also through better understanding the effects that variance can have.

FWIW I haven't taken any money out of my account so far, though i imagine i might as i move up to 100 and 200NL.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:56 AM

Sounds alot like me, i have a bit of trouble stopping whne im down..i always try to remake what i lost
These holidays im setting myself a goal and a schedule...Just going to set 2 maybe 3 hours a day absolute max and just play those times. I find when i play for longer sessions at this point in my poker life i usually get bored and start to go on tilt.
Does anyone know where i can get a free poker tracker that doesn't have a capped amount of hands i can input i desperately need to work out the weakness in my game
Old 11-23-2006, 02:19 AM

Pokertracker is cheap

just buy the damn thing

And I have a set amount aside each month for living expenses + savings account. And everything else stays in my poker account
Old 11-23-2006, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will withdraw HALF of my winnings for that week. This should allow you to move up, more slowly sure, but also to enjoy your winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-23-2006, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also make note of what the final number in you poker account is, and dont withdraw again until at the end of a week it is above that number.

After I take out my 1/2, I split that in half again, half of which is spending moniez for me, and 1/2 of which will be put into some sort of investment.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:50 AM

wouldn't it make more sense to take out the money you need for living each month before you split it up?

then again I guess most people aren't living off of it