Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 05:11 AM

Default TPTK vs. Tight Villains

BB is 17/5/.6 over 77 hands. She seems much looser than those numbers show though as I remember her playing a lot of pots. She wasn't aggressive that often in those pots, but was there. If she has something strong, she can bet it, but if it's only a moderate hand or a scary board, she'll call along and is a bit of a showdown monkey, especially with pocker pairs.

CO was 21/0/1 over 28 hands. He was always limping or folding and this was the first time I remember him cold calling. I hadn't noticed him getting out line although I did see him check call with the bottom straight on a 3 straight board and call down with TPWK on more than one occasion. When he 3bet the flop, it was very fast as if he had autoraise clicked, which I also hadn't seen before.

I don't have a problem with the PFR. The loose players are on my right and the tight players are on my left, plus I had been quiet for a few orbits.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.75BB, 4 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero ???
Old 11-22-2006, 05:55 AM

Default Re: TPTK vs. Tight Villains

A combination of your reads and that turn card make me want to fold.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:15 AM

Tough spot, I think you have BB beat, probably calling the turn with a diamond. You could have donk/folded the turn, but as it looks now I think you have to fold as you're dead against a large part of CO's range. Medium pairs in the hole are quite likely given the cold call preflop.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:17 AM

Rusty player seeks opinion.

How off am I to assume that a 20/0/1 player won't be 3-betting a flushdraw? He might still have us beat with a myriad of holdings, but I think the turn didn't put us in much worse shape, as far as us vs. CO goes.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:52 AM

Given your description, it is pretty obvious that CO holds a medium-high pocket pair; on the flop you can be credited with about 4 outs, so your call is okay.
You should definetly fold on the turn.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:24 AM

Preflop and Flop are good imo.
I'm folding this turn though.

CO's has cold cold preflop and then 3bet the flop. And he's passive. Let it go.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rusty player seeks opinion.

How off am I to assume that a 20/0/1 player won't be 3-betting a flushdraw? He might still have us beat with a myriad of holdings, but I think the turn didn't put us in much worse shape, as far as us vs. CO goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO 3-betting a flush draw on the flop against only 2 opponents doesn't make much sense anyway. The spade on the turn puts us in worse shape against anybody who happens to hold a diamond. That one is drawing to a flush now. The probability that one of our opponents holds a diamond is 3/4 * 3/4 * 3/4 * 3/4. That's nearly 70 percent. The flush will come in 20 percent of the time. That means that because of the diamond on the turn we may substract 14 percent points from our equity. For example let's say our equity on the flop was 34 percent. Then it falls to 20 percent due to the innocent 3 of diamonds.