Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 03:39 AM

Default The Kamikazee..

I am new to on-line poker and trying to gather as much information as possible from this forum. Usually, I play .5/.10 LHE but for the last week I have dabbled in the .02/.04 NHLE.

In the week I have played, I have noticed a trend of a certain type of player. I call them Kamikazees. The reason for this name is because they join the table with one dollar and go all-in on the first hand.

My strategy is I play "my game" and not allow others to bully the table, so I fold a few times they do this and try to study their hands if someone takes them to a SD. So far, it has worked. I usually wipe out 4 to 6 of these types of players in a couple of hours, and I have to admit it is enjoyable. For the "Kamikazee", he will go all-in on any type of cards.

I was wondering how some of the more experience players handle this type of player and does this happen at higher limit tables?

May the poker gods smile upon you,

Flavel
Old 11-22-2006, 03:46 AM

Default Re: The Kamikazee..

Just wait for a good hand to call like you have been to catch these "Kamikazee's". They seem to be around sometimes usually tend to be tilting from something higher limit in my experience or just looking to have fun. Those types usually buyin for the full amount however. The kind you are talking about tend to get incrementally smaller each higher stake. This is in my experience which isnt great.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:12 AM

Well I've seen them at 10NL, and 25NL too. They are generally players afraid of playing postflop.
For example, run into a couple yesterday at 25NL where they buy in for about $4, and push a lot when there is a multi limped pot, or when there is just one raise. They tended to have a high Ace or a PP when called.
They sometimes win a few, and get up to about $15. Now they are less inclined to push preflop, but the their lack of ability postflop usually results in them getting too attached to TP and they lose it all quickly.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:08 AM

Just play good hands against them. Also, if you see them doing this before you join the table, you might buy in short stacked if they are deep.

I ran into one at NL50 the other day. Except he was going AI EVERY hand. I just waited for AKs and knocked him down to about $18. He kept at it after that then I hit him again with JJ and he left.

Be prepared to get sucked out on though, if you don't feel comfortable playing them just change tables.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:34 PM

Don't forget to add Kamikazee to your "Buddy List"

There's gold in them thar hills.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just play good hands against them. Also, if you see them doing this before you join the table, you might buy in short stacked if they are deep.

I ran into one at NL50 the other day. Except he was going AI EVERY hand. I just waited for AKs and knocked him down to about $18. He kept at it after that then I hit him again with JJ and he left.

Be prepared to get sucked out on though, if you don't feel comfortable playing them just change tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he bought in for a full amount, I wouldn't call him with AKs (if it doesn't improve, it is just ace high), maybe with pairs higher than TT only. It takes patience, but I generally like this kind of players.