Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 05:08 PM

Default David Copperfield ?

Taking my wife on one of my poker trips in February. Was looking at taking her to a show which I could enjoy as well. I'm not real cultured as it was all I could do to make it through "O" (which wasn't horrible, I just can't sit still that long unless I have chips in front of me). She thinks we'd both enjoy Copperfiled at the MGM. Has anyone seen him there?
Old 11-19-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: David Copperfield ?

ive seen him twice before and it is seriously awesome. although theres a lot of dancing show BS the stuff he does is incredible.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:29 PM

After seeing his same old routines four times he becomes tiring but the first time is great. However his close up magic and sleight of hand is truly remarkable and takes a great deal of skill. If he didn't use plants in the audience for his grand presentations I would enjoy seeing some of his major illusions again.

Jimbo
Old 11-20-2006, 12:21 AM

Copperfield has name recognition -- Personally, I think that Lance Burton does a better show. Dirk Arthur (next door at the Trop also does a great show, I managed to get the best seats in the house for less than half the price of Copperfield). The only downside is that his is an afternoon show.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:58 PM

I was there this past weekend and even though I can't say how good Copperfield is I can say that if you want to see a good "Magic" show go and check out Amazing Johnathan down at the Sahara. Its a 10pm show and gets out around 11:45. Hes great, very funny and well worth the 60 bucks a ticket to sit front row. Warning he is Vulger, but you'll laugh your ass off
Old 11-22-2006, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ive seen him twice before and it is seriously awesome. although theres a lot of dancing show BS the stuff he does is incredible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess everybody is different. Me and my wife saw his show in July and we both couldn't stand it. Given his reputation, we thought it would be 10 times better. He spent the first 45 min showing video clips of himself on Letterman, Leno....etc.....it sucked. Criss Angel is 100 times better