Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Top 2, deep, limped pot, getting raised on river...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for those saying fold, what do you put him on?

FWIW Hero played his hand exactly like busted diamonds making a desperation bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
66 or 44. Maybe thats just waaaaaay to tight, but hero has been TAG and so is the villain. I don't think he'll pull this with air. I never said that villain would have the club-flush, but I don't think he want's to push his rather deepish stack in with air or a weak hand on this board. Or maybe I just give him too much credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

66 or 44 smoothcalling that flop with that many ppl left to act is SUICIDE. Im not saying tards dont do it, but....I call, and if hero lsoes to 66/44, Im making a note and realizing they are 100% donkified.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Q for you OP/other 6maxers: preflop is OK here, with 3 limpers? Anyone raising here sometimes? Folding it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't hesitate to fold. Especially in SB.
On the other hand, I'm not exactly a winning player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would never fold this in the SB, but raising is a solid option, especially if you have not been raising a lot. I probably call 66% of the time and raise 33% of the time.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for those saying fold, what do you put him on?

FWIW Hero played his hand exactly like busted diamonds making a desperation bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
66 or 44. Maybe thats just waaaaaay to tight, but hero has been TAG and so is the villain. I don't think he'll pull this with air. I never said that villain would have the club-flush, but I don't think he want's to push his rather deepish stack in with air or a weak hand on this board. Or maybe I just give him too much credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

66 or 44 smoothcalling that flop with that many ppl left to act is SUICIDE. Im not saying tards dont do it, but....I call, and if hero lsoes to 66/44, Im making a note and realizing they are 100% donkified.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but these guys aren't too smart, are they? I guess TJ is there too, but I'm not really sure if he plays turn like that with JT, maybe with some flush draw. I'm not too sure he plays Q9s that way either. Meh, stupid fish. Maybe this is a call after all, dunno. I guess a read on how often he makes bluffs would have done wonders here. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] But in the heat of the moment at the table I probably would have folded, and felt good about it.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:09 PM

also why would he shove a hand that beats you this deep? this is a pretty big overbet and it makes it a lot harder for him to get paid off.

combine that with the fact that you played this hand so goofy i think you might have to call here. i could see bluffs or weaker made hands playing this way thinking it best to shove since you can't call
Old 11-20-2006, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also why would he shove a hand that beats you this deep? this is a pretty big overbet and it makes it a lot harder for him to get paid off.

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't a potsized raise something like 57, no? Or am I just missing something? I agree that it's a biggish bet but maybe I just consider an overbet being something that it isn't.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:23 PM

a pot size raise is to 56 so it's not much of an overbet, but it is a huge raise compared to our bet. i just feel like a set would raise to 30-40 to try and get paid off, but he could be the type to shove here trying to make it look like a bluff or whatever to get called.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:38 PM

Please lead the turn, the check looks so suspect imo.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please lead the turn, the check looks so suspect imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't matter how suspect it looks, since

1) it can also look like a draw that didn't want to bet the turn again

2) everyone falls for the bet flop/checkraise turn line
Old 11-20-2006, 08:03 PM

First off, EVERYONE slowplays sets. Second, he was quite passive postflop as the aggression shows, I wouldn't think he'd push over 100 BB more with anything less than a set, maybe he made a straight or is pushing the backdoored flush. I do agree that CRing or leading the turn would've been more than reasonable here, the player was quite tight and I had a bad vibe off him.

Looking at it now, I think the most reasonable holding for him, would in fact be a backdoored flush he was semi-bluffing on the turn (or that god damn set).

In the actual hand, I folded river.