FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is dumber?
The old lady 4 36.36%
The crook 2 18.18%
They are both equally unintelligent 5 45.45%
this space intentionally left blank 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2006, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Bots in PartyPoker\'s 6-max Limit games?

[ QUOTE ]
But I wouldn't do it without some sort of blessing from the poker sites, I already have enough on my mind thinking about how to stay within the rules on the MTT data results side of things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing how different sites react is a good test of the current state of things IMO, professional proactive businesses see outside evaluation as a positive factor and professional proactive businesses is what is needed to win this battle. You seem as a good candidate, you have the knowledge, some software and you seem to have a track record of being trustworthy.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seeing how different sites react is a good test of the current state of things IMO, professional proactive businesses see outside evaluation as a positive factor and professional proactive businesses is what is needed to win this battle. You seem as a good candidate, you have the knowledge, some software and you seem to have a track record of being trustworthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps it'd work best by:

1. Getting site's tentative aggrement (say, PS, Party, FT)
2. Getting a dozen volunteers, and all their hands
3. Living off of donations whilst setting it up
4. Selling the idea to the sites with a demonstration of what you can do.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:42 AM

Sounds like a good plan, but in point 4 the sites should still not be allowed to buy control of the project, only to be able to use participance as marketing etc., the sites have been given this trust today and have not lived up to it so no reason to easily give them the trust again.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a good plan, but in point 4 the sites should still not be allowed to buy control of the project, only to be able to use participance as marketing etc., the sites have been given this trust today and have not lived up to it so no reason to easily give them the trust again.

[/ QUOTE ]
The idea isn't really to let them buy control, it's to buy the results. Subscribe to this service, and you can get access to all playing-pattern detectable bots details. The database can also datamine the sites, to ensure that more levels are covered. No need for volunteer data then, though, again, breaks T&C of some sites.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:52 AM

Yes, we agree. DB's software and PT and combinations for many purposes are probably better than many sites' own recording mechanism (I really don't blame them, some of these products are outstanding and not to be expected to be a part of every poker platform). Again, regarding T&C, it is not illegal to massively datamine any site or gather hand history information, it is illegal to use it as a tool for playing, a non-player gathering information is not doing anything wrong IMO, it is not like he should send out a million hands, just a warning type "this behaviour seems to indicate a bot, be on the lookout and provide me more information if you come across anything", then when it is concrete he takes action on specific players and report them.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:30 PM

It seems like a tricky subject. Until I received an "okay" from some site to do this in some manner that would stay within their rules, I don't think I'd attempt it.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:54 PM

Possible solution for sites?

Have the table position change every minute. Move it left/right/up/down a few pixels.

The most recent Party upgrade caused all the software that uses screen-scraping quite a bit of grief.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:01 PM

I hate to be the Nth guy to ask but what about the OP? Any word from party?
Old 11-20-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The idea isn't really to let them buy control, it's to buy the results. Subscribe to this service, and you can get access to all playing-pattern detectable bots details. The database can also datamine the sites, to ensure that more levels are covered. No need for volunteer data then, though, again, breaks T&C of some sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sciolist, but the question remains... IF the poker sites are interested in cracking down on Bots, why wouldn't they have an internal team (that would have access to more info than a dataminer) doing this.

The other problem, is that there isn't complete agreement between all players and the sites on even where the "line" of acceptable vs unacceptable really is, or in fact should be...

Sites allow "Decision Support" software... Players use some automation tools... at the moment, its only when the decision support software is married to (and not just living with) the automation tools, that it violates T&C.

For the benefit of those who didn't understand that... the line that Pokerstars (thx Sciolist for participating in this discussion), for example, has drawn is... computer pushes fold/bet/raise not acceptable... live human pushes fold/bet/raise acceptable, no matter (almost) how that decision was arrived at.

Side comment... I hear there are a few hundred former CS people in India looking for minimal wages + %commission to push buttons... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2006, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Griffin Investigations of online poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were looking for someone ethical.