Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 08:02 PM

Default Re: why would David Chiu be playing .25/.50 on FTP?

last night gus hansen was playing $1,000/$2,000 o8, $200/$400plo, $1/$2 plo, and $1/$2 nlhe.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Hello,Leader! I had proposed an hypothesis ..

[ QUOTE ]
that big money players can't beat small and micro limit games.
Well,RayZee and others strongly disagreed.
The reason why I believed this is that it would be too difficult for them to make the necessary adjustment(s) to beat these games.
SittingBull

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to people who've playing them in mid stakes games.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:33 PM

I got into a marathon $20 HORSE SnG run one day a couple of months ago, and Andy Bloch played in most of them. He said a few of them do it to give us common folk some chances to play against the pros. He also said some of them have found it's a nice way to chill out from a stressful day.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:01 PM

I can't get away from Andy Bloch in my HORSE tournaments. He must play all of them (MTT at least). Hell of a nice guy, and he takes some horredous beats with complete class.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:15 AM

Speaking of David Chiu, he and I played 152 hands at the same $3/6 stud table yesterday. When I sat down, he had a little over $500 and when I left he had about $260, which was up from his low of about $220. His play was, IMO, very LAGish, seeing more 4th streets than just about anyone else at the table, and rarely limping-in. (As a matter of fact there were three times when I raised in front of him with split As or Ks and he re-raised behind me, twice with a Q door card and once with a J door card. All three times he immediately paired his door cards on 4th street! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Inasmuch as at least one of my As or Ks was already dead in each hand, I folded all three times. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img])

This was the first time I had played against him. Fortunately, I was sitting three seats to his left and will always try to sit to his left in the future, the closer the better. For others who have experience playing stud with him, is he always this loose and aggressive in stud cash games?

P.S. After a very slow start, I managed to grind-out an $80 profit. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2006, 10:43 AM

I saw David make one VERY strange play yesterday at $3/$6. After 3rd was 3-bet, he:

1)bet 4th
2)cold-called two bets when it got back to him
3)folded to a cap
Old 11-20-2006, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of David Chiu, he and I played 152 hands at the same $3/6 stud table yesterday. When I sat down, he had a little over $500 and when I left he had about $260, which was up from his low of about $220. His play was, IMO, very LAGish, seeing more 4th streets than just about anyone else at the table, and rarely limping-in. (As a matter of fact there were three times when I raised in front of him with split As or Ks and he re-raised behind me, twice with a Q door card and once with a J door card. All three times he immediately paired his door cards on 4th street! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Inasmuch as at least one of my As or Ks was already dead in each hand, I folded all three times. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img])

This was the first time I had played against him. Fortunately, I was sitting three seats to his left and will always try to sit to his left in the future, the closer the better. For others who have experience playing stud with him, is he always this loose and aggressive in stud cash games?

P.S. After a very slow start, I managed to grind-out an $80 profit. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've seen him play basically the same way Wahoo..aggressive up front & then folding if he doesn't improve.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:42 AM

I haven't seen him play too aggressive, loose yes, but not too aggressive.

Also, I really enjoy playing against Keith Sexton. He plays fairly standard, a bit more aggressive but in the right spots, and his hand reading for the most part is impeccable, which makes it fun because it requires you to mix it up against him.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:58 AM

Keith sexton plays higher, 5-10 or 8-16 from what I've seen. I've played 5-10 with him, and he is a good, solid player imho.