Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2006, 04:26 AM

Default Re: High stakes players

[ QUOTE ]

To say that many of the people playing high limits are in the top 10% of the IQ world is preposterous. If it wasn't for the idiot trust-fund baby dropping a million dollars a year, there would scarcely be a reason to play in many of the high limit games.

[/ QUOTE ]

he was talking about people who beat the games. he said it pretty clearly.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

To say that many of the people playing high limits are in the top 10% of the IQ world is preposterous. If it wasn't for the idiot trust-fund baby dropping a million dollars a year, there would scarcely be a reason to play in many of the high limit games.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And it's still preposterous.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not really. people that aren't in the top 10% are pretty dumb. and most dumb people can't beat high stakes poker.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:12 PM

Whats the difference between a chess-master and a novice?

They both know how the pieces move in a chess board, and the rules to the game, so whats the difference?
Old 11-18-2006, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not really. people that aren't in the top 10% are pretty dumb. and most dumb people can't beat high stakes poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, I think this thread needs to die. But there is a famous quote in Ohio: "Einstein couldn't tie his own shoes." How true this is doesn't matter. Just here is it relavant.

For a humorous look at intellegence at it's best, I did watch a little of the last season of Apprentice, and Mr. Mensa was not very impressive at all.

Take for example, a math whiz reads all the books a learns how to play poker, the problem is, he can't read people at all. Although he is in the top ten percent of the world by some definition, he is not well equipped to play this game. Take someone like me, who is good with math and psychology, though far stronger in psycho land, but I failed history, liturature, biology, and triginometry repeatedly. I am definitely not in the top ten percent of the world IQ- wise, but I can play a decent game of poker.

Disclamer: I am not presently playing in high stakes limit games, but I will see all you very soon, perhaps by years-end, if all goes as planned, just lurking at the moment.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I failed history, liturature..

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine why.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For a humorous look at intellegence at it's best, I did watch a little of the last season of Apprentice, and Mr. Mensa was not very impressive at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

people who join mensa are, almost without exception, douchebags. i'm not sure what's supposed to be surprising here.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, I think this thread needs to die. But there is a famous quote in Ohio: "Einstein couldn't tie his own shoes." How true this is doesn't matter. Just here is it relavant.

Take for example, a math whiz reads all the books a learns how to play poker, the problem is, he can't read people at all. Although he is in the top ten percent of the world by some definition, he is not well equipped to play this game. Take someone like me, who is good with math and psychology, though far stronger in psycho land, but I failed history, liturature, biology, and triginometry repeatedly. I am definitely not in the top ten percent of the world IQ- wise, but I can play a decent game of poker.

Disclamer: I am not presently playing in high stakes limit games, but I will see all you very soon, perhaps by years-end, if all goes as planned, just lurking at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coudent agree more. Aldo texas holdem is a complicated game, intellegance is realy overrated by some poeple here
Old 11-20-2006, 11:36 AM

Old 11-20-2006, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Al-DOWNED!!!!