Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Hitting on a Girl at Work

[ QUOTE ]
ok there are rules when you try to hit on girls while they are working

RULE # 1. very important. -- make sure her boss is not in the area, or atleast not in overhearing distance. if no coworkers are around even better!!!! if so than u just wait till next time, boss will lead to garunteed shut down

RULE # 2 try and make sure you are the only one in line. kind of goes with rule 1, a crowd will not help your chances.

RULE # 3. think of a non work related ice breaker (esp since you dont know her) for example say "good morning" regardless of the time of day. talking to your freind about a band she likes is a good start for when u walk in, include her in the convo. but def have him be in the restaruant with you opposed to on the phone. just make sure you pick good wingman. make sure he wanders off right after you start talking to her.

Rule # 5 get to the point. short and sweet. dont get to involved just a quick "it was nice talking to you./.do u want to continue this conversation" "would you like to go for coffee" or "do you want to hang out some time" these will do fine. DO NOT go for do u want to go out to dinner, thats not bad but you are NOT a 40 yr old guy asking out a divorced mom. dont go extra etravigant restarant on the first date either. save for maybe 3rd date. not being cheap, just a little chase helps. you dont want to be trying to hard. (trying really hard is good, but not at all in dating)

rule 6: dont try and be witty, just short and simple when u ask her out, (you dont have to be voltair)(swingers joke, jon favreu). dont go to far setting things up to ask her out, not a good idea.

rule 7. relaxe, dont stumble over your words

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post. Real advice without all the douchey acronyms... take note all.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yo girl, can I dip my sausage in that curry?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame.

"Swirl."
Old 11-20-2006, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love indian food and I love boba. Please identify the location of this restaurant. I will not hit on any workers. I will order lamb saag with multiple naans and a mango boba.

[/ QUOTE ]

Restaurant nerd, pfft.

She's probably sick of Indian food and well beyond interested in your ability to show off knowledge about it. What's so great about knowing it anyway? If you're Indian, it's taken for granted. If you're not ... you're pointing out how cool it is that you know some stuff about Indian food even though you're not Indian -- TO SOMEONE WHO WORKS IN AN INDIAN SHOP. I mean really, this is misapplied energy.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean to hijack this thread in any way but i don't want to make a thread about this, but what can be assumed when you're having sex with a girl and you basically tell her to turn around for doggy and she says something along the lines of (in my ass, or just doggy style?)

also, just go in and buy something and start up a conversation? you sound like one of those people who needs to read all that PUA [censored] to feel confident talking to a girl. just ask how she got a job there and tell her you think it's cool because it's such an 'ethnic place' and ask her out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, you deal with people who aren't white? Like, every day?

So awesome!
Old 11-20-2006, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is "hapa"?

[/ QUOTE ]

hapa is half white, usually half asian half white

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you consider Polynesian as Asian, which until recently was more controversial. Hapa just means half. But because half usually means half plus white, and this term comes from Hawaii where there are hardly any blacks or Mexicans, by default it probably means "asian" in one way or another. But it's still a bit of a stretch to say hapa means half-Asian by most people's street-level understanding of what asian or hapa means. It usually means half local (Hawaiian, Samoan, filipino, chinese, japanese, etc. and half haole (white). Usually hapa is used when you are using the full term "hapa haole."
Old 11-20-2006, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, girls dig gossipy stuff and cute sh*t, and this qualifies as both to the extreme. If he's hit the right target, it could work.

The problem is guys try to make hard and fast rules, for women.

This is effing stupid. Women don't work that way. They have a COMPLETELY different set of rules for "cute" guys or whatever than they do for guys they don't dig. Get used to it.

Women will eff you up if you don't realize they operate by different rules, and try to categorize them by guy rules. If you do that, you can go through a thousand advice posts/yaps with friends and wind up as clueless as when you started.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg,

Please elaborate.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2006, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok there are rules when you try to hit on girls while they are working

RULE # 1. very important. -- make sure her boss is not in the area, or atleast not in overhearing distance. if no coworkers are around even better!!!! if so than u just wait till next time, boss will lead to garunteed shut down

RULE # 2 try and make sure you are the only one in line. kind of goes with rule 1, a crowd will not help your chances.

RULE # 3. think of a non work related ice breaker (esp since you dont know her) for example say "good morning" regardless of the time of day. talking to your freind about a band she likes is a good start for when u walk in, include her in the convo. but def have him be in the restaruant with you opposed to on the phone. just make sure you pick good wingman. make sure he wanders off right after you start talking to her.

Rule # 5 get to the point. short and sweet. dont get to involved just a quick "it was nice talking to you./.do u want to continue this conversation" "would you like to go for coffee" or "do you want to hang out some time" these will do fine. DO NOT go for do u want to go out to dinner, thats not bad but you are NOT a 40 yr old guy asking out a divorced mom. dont go extra etravigant restarant on the first date either. save for maybe 3rd date. not being cheap, just a little chase helps. you dont want to be trying to hard. (trying really hard is good, but not at all in dating)

rule 6: dont try and be witty, just short and simple when u ask her out, (you dont have to be voltair)(swingers joke, jon favreu). dont go to far setting things up to ask her out, not a good idea.

rule 7. relaxe, dont stumble over your words

[/ QUOTE ]
This is good, follow it.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love indian food and I love boba. Please identify the location of this restaurant. I will not hit on any workers. I will order lamb saag with multiple naans and a mango boba.

[/ QUOTE ]

Restaurant nerd, pfft.

She's probably sick of Indian food and well beyond interested in your ability to show off knowledge about it. What's so great about knowing it anyway? If you're Indian, it's taken for granted. If you're not ... you're pointing out how cool it is that you know some stuff about Indian food even though you're not Indian -- TO SOMEONE WHO WORKS IN AN INDIAN SHOP. I mean really, this is misapplied energy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, and I am a restaurant nerd, but I'm terribly confused. Are you directing this reply towards the OP, and suggesting that he avoid trying to display an extensive knowledge of the menu? Obviously any attempt at "showing off" knowledge in any area when initially trying to talk to a girl you're attracted to is going to come across as extremely ridiculous. Unless you're Ken Jennings.

Although the OP's dilemma is considerable, I was more intrigued with the venue, and I was merely trying to weasel the restaurant location out of him, which led me to a tangent in which I described a current craving.

Considering that I'm already fantasizing about what sort of cute "hapa" girl works at this magical venue of indian food and boba, my attempts at seducing her would be reduced to mumbling a few lines about the weather, drooling, and inserting a whole piece of gulab jamun into my mouth.

OP, is she a Curry-N-Rice Girl ??
Old 11-20-2006, 05:16 AM

Ah, I thought you were more into the food for the girl, than for the food. That is after all the subject at hand.

If you're just into the food, carry on.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Habib Marwan,

I go to UCSB, and I didn't know there is an indian boba tea place. Is this place new? What is it called?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's trying to steal your girl yo!

I have a general question related to the thread

finish the following convo:

OP: Hey can I take you out to dinner sometime?

Her: I have a boyfriend

OP: ??

[/ QUOTE ]

"He can watch"