Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 12:47 AM

Default Re: redCashion vid 1 - shortstack hell

Some suspect hands, I think.

The A9o hand where you open from the BTN, and BB min-rr you. People do this all the time with all kinds of crap for all kinds of reasons. I'm at least calling flop here.

Another hand you have 99 in the BB and BTN makes a 3bb raise after one limper. Flop comes Qxx, checked through, then you c/f a blank on the turn. I usually call here and block some rivers.

Then you flop the nut straight, misread your hand and give away the pot. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Delayed cbet with KJo on AT99 board was pretty bad. Drawy board and you're repping nothing.

Bluff C/R with the Ah6h wasn't so hot either. You can probably move him off the hand there if you make a real C/R and follow through with a large river bet, but you gave him like 3:1 on a call and c/f a good river scare card, so it was really pointless.

The KsQs hand, I fire a second barrel and have odds if he shoves.

QsTs UTG very marginal. I'd much rather raise something like 7s9s here. That flop is so ragged I'm betting like $5, and again shortie has no FE to shove even if he thinks you're FOS.

A few times you open-muck Ax on the BTN. You also fold JTo on the BTN after like 3 limpers, which is pretty bad imo.

I also think you lose a ton of value if you always 3bet hands like 99 and TT against a PFR who has a loose raising range and a tight 3bet-calling range. If he calls your 3bet, your cbet on the flop basically turns your hand into a bluff.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:52 AM

red: just wanted to add that you can make fun of me when I make my first video next month after classes are done.

Also wondering what software you used to record/compress?
Old 11-20-2006, 02:10 AM

the vid was cool. it's always interesting to me to watch others play (don't know why, it's not like it really exciting heh).

I'm just starting the vid but I was a little disappointed not to see myself in there as I'm playing NL50 on PS also. Maybe next time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Thanks for the vid!
Old 11-20-2006, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ahhh! That's who that is. I thought it was a big donator when I first sat :P

Watching it now, thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you mean, you are at one of the tables and thought I was a donator?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, over a small sample I had you losing 3 buyins, I think in 160 hands. I was all excited :P

Good video, but I love how you thought you had an oesd and missed on a QJ8 board with T9. You like instamucked. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a winning player, not as much as I'd like but 3BB/100 for the last 30k hands at this level. I'm not sure what hands I lost in your sample, so dunno.

Btw, does EVERYONE have to mention the mistake on the flopped straight? Jesus.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the vid was cool. it's always interesting to me to watch others play (don't know why, it's not like it really exciting heh).

I'm just starting the vid but I was a little disappointed not to see myself in there as I'm playing NL50 on PS also. Maybe next time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Thanks for the vid!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Silver, interesting hand we jsut played [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] For the software I used, it is Camtasia. Pretty easy to use..
Old 11-20-2006, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some suspect hands, I think.

The A9o hand where you open from the BTN, and BB min-rr you. People do this all the time with all kinds of crap for all kinds of reasons. I'm at least calling flop here.

Another hand you have 99 in the BB and BTN makes a 3bb raise after one limper. Flop comes Qxx, checked through, then you c/f a blank on the turn. I usually call here and block some rivers.

Then you flop the nut straight, misread your hand and give away the pot. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Delayed cbet with KJo on AT99 board was pretty bad. Drawy board and you're repping nothing.

Bluff C/R with the Ah6h wasn't so hot either. You can probably move him off the hand there if you make a real C/R and follow through with a large river bet, but you gave him like 3:1 on a call and c/f a good river scare card, so it was really pointless.

The KsQs hand, I fire a second barrel and have odds if he shoves.

QsTs UTG very marginal. I'd much rather raise something like 7s9s here. That flop is so ragged I'm betting like $5, and again shortie has no FE to shove even if he thinks you're FOS.

A few times you open-muck Ax on the BTN. You also fold JTo on the BTN after like 3 limpers, which is pretty bad imo.

I also think you lose a ton of value if you always 3bet hands like 99 and TT against a PFR who has a loose raising range and a tight 3bet-calling range. If he calls your 3bet, your cbet on the flop basically turns your hand into a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great comments Eris, thanks.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Silver, interesting hand we jsut played [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] For the software I used, it is Camtasia. Pretty easy to use..

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! yeah I felt like such a donk that hand. my retarded playing was mostly because I couldn't figure out what you had (now I know why I couldn't :P).

I'll cya aroudn on Stars, GL man.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:09 AM

I was wondering why I never see huds in these videos lately, but they are just not being recorded it seems [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] You do seem to overrate your KJ's Personally I'm not that big a fan of these hands, they look nice, but don't seem to work that often. Unless they are suited offcourse.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate these type of sessions....very very frustrating

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-07-2007, 12:28 PM

Saw the first 5 or 10 minutes or so. What are your stats on these sessions? I think you're way too loose with the KXs calls and QJ raises and give your opponents to little respect. I think tightening up some more might make you win a bit less but loose a whole lot less. But thats just me. Thanks for posting!