Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 06:26 PM

Default Re: College Football Rank em

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Neither of them are superior to the depth and skill of the SEC or PAC10, and to exclude both conference champions from the national championship game would be absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]
Who gives a [censored] about the tenth best team in the conference? We're picking the best two teams in the country. tOSU and Michigan are clearly the best two teams in the country. Making up all kind of other nonsense BS is just ridiculous. The championship should be between the two best teams - tOSU and Michigan.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are clearly the best 2 teams in the big10. I don't how you are so sure they are the 2 best teams in the nation.

All I know is OSU is better than Michigan. I don't know if OSU is better than USC, Arkansas or Florida. That is why I would like to see one of them get the chance to play.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So Michigan doesn't stupidly give tOSU a 3rd and 15 when they hit TS going out of bounds. Michigan has a very good chance to win or atleast take the lead but that switches the momentum. Yes tOSU was very good, TS was very good but I think your very easily discrediting Michigan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying Mich isn't good. Not saying they didn't have a shot. Many lesser teams can be in the spot to beat someone especially after 3 turnovers. OSU overcame 3 turnovers and still won. Imo, that says more about OSU than Mich.

I'm saying most teams turning over the ball 3 times to zero would lose especially if the other team was 'that' good. If they don't get 3 turnovers, this game likely isn't close.

On top of that, if OSU stayed in their passing mode starting the 2nd half, I don't think it would've been close.

b
Old 11-19-2006, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't the turnover battle 1 of the most IMPORTANT things in any football game. Michigan dominated that stat, and they had to do it in hostile territory. They won the turnover margin 3-0. That's pretty good for any team. Go look at the stats, I'm pretty sure most teams with a 3-0 TO win most games. But I guess TO margin doesn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

It did matter. It got them closer. But you can't deny that OSU looked more dominating. After all, they overcame 3 turnovers and still won. That's pretty convincing, imo.

b
Old 11-19-2006, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you honestly think USC who lost to Oregon State on the road is that much of a better team. Let's see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

After watching how USC handled Cal? Cal who has a very good offense. Their close, but I'd give USC the edge. They're playing better football right now. Peaking at the right time.

b
Old 11-19-2006, 07:05 PM

Peaking at the right time? They lost to Oregon State like 3 weeks ago. Let me see USC go into Ohio State and lose by just 3. Cal had been playing very well, I guess until the second half of the Arizona game. They haven't been impressive since and I don't have a reason why. I know USC is a good team, if they do run the table, they obviously deserve consideration.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me see USC go into Ohio State and lose by just 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, why shouldn't we get this answer in the National Championship game?
Old 11-19-2006, 08:14 PM

How are they going to "go into" tOSU in the NC game.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How are they going to "go into" tOSU in the NC game.

[/ QUOTE ]
While Michigan is likely more talented and better than USC is, they also have probably the best coach in college football, while Michigan has Lloyd Carr.

And yeah, they won't, but you just take off the 3 points for HFA. So, let's see USC play tOSU even. Yeah, it's probably not going to happen, but Michigan losing by only 3 points again isn't probably going to happen either.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:16 PM

Bring out the '72 Dolphins.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Peaking at the right time? They lost to Oregon State like 3 weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think they're playing better ball now? This started in the 2nd 1/2 against Oregon St. They've been on quite a tear since.

b