Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2006, 05:38 PM

Default Re: 6/12, KJs on button

If your river reraise is a cap, I cap it. If it's neverending raising, I just call.

- C -
Old 02-03-2006, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you hand is worth a call then bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's on the button, this maxim does not apply. I think a flop check is really necessary. You're more likely than usual to get check-raised on this low, connected board, which would suck. Setting up a free card on the turn isn't as good here as it would usually be because you aren't drawing to anything yet. Just check and see what develops.

Just calling the river 3-bet is good against almost all 6/12 villains.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. He indicated it is a standard passive table. Which leads me to believe your chances of getting check raised are lower and even if you are not the button your chances of getting raised behind after your bet are lower. The table is passive and by betting the flop while having the button gives you a much better chance of having it check through on the turn.

If you dont bet this flop, your passive player will be more inclined to bet into you on the turn ruining your chances of getting a free card on the turn.

Also if someone bets the flop and there are no raises are you telling me you wont call and that you will just fold? Doing so you are giving up way too much and playing weak tight. Heck, if its even bet on the flop, raising would be better than calling to go for a free card on the turn at this "standard passive" table.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:44 PM

cap the river. sb is more likely betting a str8 than a nut flush here. imo.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:41 AM

i'm usually checking behind on this flop. i've been set up too many times betting this flop and getting checkraised. also, if you get checkraised on the flop, you are getting bet into on the turn like 99% of the time, so you are pretty much saving 1.5 big bets by checking behind on the flop.

i go as many bets as this clown wants to go on the river, to an extent.