Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 11:36 AM

Default 50/100 vs some guy

live at fw. weve been playing a 300/600 mixed game rotation with 50/100nl added in. the kid is a semifish in the other games but plays nl pretty decently. he just cashed for 73k in some ft tournament so thats how he got his roll to play this. everyone else left so were playing 50/100nl hu now

villain seems to be playing fairly well. his biggest weakness is that he calls raises and reraises too much out of position. i havent been reraising much pf because of this but decide its time i start doing so.

he opens on the button to 300, i reraise to 1k out of the BB with TQo, he calls.

flop is TJ3 with 2 hearts, i have the Qh.

i bet 1500, he thinks for a bit and calls. he looks like he was considering a raise. i figured this meant he was on a draw and not a made hand. if he raised i was going to shove.

turn is an offsuit A

i bet 4k with 2600 left

anyone like this turn bet or should i just give up?
Old 11-19-2006, 01:08 PM

Default Re: 50/100 vs some guy

i think its good. do u think he ever folds a flush draw on this turn? hes never really bluff raising u all in on this turn obv, and if he folds flush draw, or always raises flops w one i like it more. I think this bet will get him to fold out a lot of hands including [censored] floating ones
Old 11-19-2006, 01:38 PM

WTF? Your read is "draw." The two most obvious draws get there, and you commit yourself? How can that bet be good? Obv you realize he's not folding Aces w/ the nut flush draw. Maybe you think he would've always raised you with KQ, and usually with the nf draw. But, as you said, you just started reraising pre, so he may put you on a pretty big hand on the flop, and think he has more equity by trying to hit than by semi-bluffing.

2600 with 4K left would've made more sense, but I would've checked the turn, and folded unless I got a rock-solid 98/Q9 read. He also could probably be pushed off of QJ at that point, depending on his bet size.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
live at fw. weve been playing a 300/600 mixed game rotation with 50/100nl added in. the kid is a semifish in the other games but plays nl pretty decently. he just cashed for 73k in some ft tournament so thats how he got his roll to play this. everyone else left so were playing 50/100nl hu now

villain seems to be playing fairly well. his biggest weakness is that he calls raises and reraises too much out of position. i havent been reraising much pf because of this but decide its time i start doing so.

he opens on the button to 300, i reraise to 1k out of the BB with TQo, he calls.

flop is TJ3 with 2 hearts, i have the Qh.

i bet 1500, he thinks for a bit and calls. he looks like he was considering a raise. i figured this meant he was on a draw and not a made hand. if he raised i was going to shove.

turn is an offsuit A

i bet 4k with 2600 left

anyone like this turn bet or should i just give up?

[/ QUOTE ]

QTo is not the time to start committing 10% of your stack if you know he is coming along preflop. You hate pretty much every flop with this hand. That said, I like a turn bet as I find the hesitation no-raise to be a baddish made hand(1 pair, probably a jack) that thought about protecting and then didnt, and wont be able to rush his cards away from himself fast enough once the A drops. I bet 3k into the 5k pot instead, though.

James
Old 11-19-2006, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
live at fw. weve been playing a 300/600 mixed game rotation with 50/100nl added in.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was just curious how this came about? how did NLH get into the mix? did it start as a normal limit mixed game? i played a 50-100NLH/200-400LH combo at the commerce earlier this year but thats the only time ive run across a limit/NL mix. i think it would be great if this happened more but my game ended pretty quickly with the NLH folks lobbying to dump limit.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:33 PM

i dont really know how it happened as i arrived after it was already going. once it went one day it went for the next day. im pretty sure it started with bobby convincing the nl players to add some other games into the current nl game. basically, the game revolved around this 1 nl player who never played omaha in his life before.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:29 PM

I think you need to bet here, but my only issue is that you are basically forcing yourself to call any reraise. Either bet less to let yourself fold or push the turn (possibly) moving him off an overpair or AT.