Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Could the other 2p2ers at my table, please stop berating the fish.

I don't think it could ever be unethical not to allow players to be rude to other players. But of course this is up to the cardroom in question.

And of course it could be +EV in the short run. But I don't ever think it can be +EV in the long run when recreational players are involved. When it is in a setting where it is just serious players playing each other, I'm not as much against it, even though I am actually still against it.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Could the other 2p2ers at my table, please stop berating the fish.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it could ever be unethical not to allow players to be rude to other players. But of course this is up to the cardroom in question.

And of course it could be +EV in the short run. But I don't ever think it can be +EV in the long run when recreational players are involved. When it is in a setting where it is just serious players playing each other, I'm not as much against it, even though I am actually still against it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree. It was something my friend and I were just talking about though, how players will play loose and crazy against guys like Hellmuth and Matusow, guys that goad and even outright insult to get other players' egos involved. Playing with ego is obviously a downward spiral. Of course, this is also in a tournament setting as opposed to a cash game, so the dynamic is different.