Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2006, 10:39 AM

Default Big sooted on a steal

I had been quite tite, due to cards 16/4 for the last 80+ hands, and my raises were getting a lot of respect.

I got lost in this hand, and figured I might need to hit my kicker to get out alive.

When the turn hit, I was getting ~10:1 with GSSD and (possibly) Ks and Ts good.

River plays itself, i think.

Any comments?

Thanks,

T

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Todd is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Todd raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, Todd calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10SB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Todd raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Todd calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9.5BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Todd calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (12.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Todd raises</font>, SB calls, MP1 folds.

Results:
Final pot: 17.5BB
Old 11-18-2006, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Big sooted on a steal

nh
Old 11-18-2006, 12:21 PM

i like the hand, but for some reason, I don't like it.

i don't like MP1 donking the flop like that and us thinking we have as many outs as we think we do. i'm hanging a little and my brain isn't ready to discount outs properly, but it all just feels dirty.

i think yo got lucky, but given the situation, i would have got just as lucky. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2006, 12:30 PM

I think raising the flop is an error. MP1 is donking in a preflop 3-better, so the probability that he has you beat is high and even if he is donking a worse hand/some flush draw: the preflop 3-better will often have AK/AA and have you beat. Basically the best case is that the donk better has a flush draw and that the preflop 3-better has QQ/JJ/TT. But in that case you don't really need to raise since he is drawing to less than 2 outs on average.

So I think calling the flop &gt; raising the flop, and I think folding is also not a bad idea since you have to act before the preflop 3-better.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:56 PM

I understand what you mean about the flop play. The SB will never fold any hand here that you want him to. We're either way ahead of him or he's crushing us.

I also wouldn't be too excited if a King or Ten comes off. This will be AA, AK, or a set pretty much always.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:27 PM

If you were getting respect with your raises, then I think your hand is in trouble. I think you can only count the T's here and they can not count as the full three. What was the reason for raising pre-flop? I like a call here, unless you were trying to loosen up a bit. But KTs is not a good enough hand to play for three bets before the flop, so I limp here.

I like the flop raise since it puts pressure on the SB to do something with his hand. If he re-raises, you are going to have to donk out on him.

At the turn, I think you got to reassess your outs. The pot has gotten big, so you would like to play, but is it profitable? I think the out breakdown goes like this: 1 king out, 2 T outs, and 3 J outs. So roughly six outs getting 10:5 to 1 is an easy call before considering any implied odds.

Other than the pre-flop raise, I like the hand.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Other than the pre-flop raise, I like the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tim, KTs plays well from late position in multiway unraised pots. However in this hand there is only one limper. So not enough people in the hand for pot odds to just limp.

I much prefer the PF raise in this situation, taking advantage of your tight table image and the respect from your opponents. That will most likely fold CO, BTN and the blinds and leave the original weak limper in a bad spot going into the flop. While it didn't turn out that way, the raise did work somewhat to his advantage. The 3bet from SB and the weak limper tagging along padded the pot to allow him pot odds to arguably correctly chase his draws postflop in position. nh.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:08 PM

This is not a steal and the hand is perfect on all streets.

EDIT: Oh, just noticed SB's pf 3bet/flop check. Yeah you could probably just call the flop, but that's really the only debatable decision this entire hand. BTW I'm not that concerned about MP3's flop bet, he's not donking into the 3bettor because the 3bettor already checked.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not a steal and the hand is perfect on all streets.

EDIT: Oh, just noticed SB's pf 3bet/flop check. Yeah you could probably just call the flop, but that's really the only debatable decision this entire hand. BTW I'm not that concerned about MP3's flop bet, he's not donking into the 3bettor because the 3bettor already checked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, and we don't mind the PF raiser folding AQ/AJ for two. It's easy to think "shouldn't have raised" when you see him threebet but we didn't know he was c/ring until he did it.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:38 PM

I think you played perfect every street.