Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2006, 06:37 PM

Default LV Hotels for March Madness

The annual pilgrimmage to Vegas during March Madness (15-18) that a group of friends and I make has hit some snags. Typically, we stay at the Mirage for the $99 weeknight / $139 weekend night rate (booked through the poker room). The hours requirements aren't an issue since we typically play 10-12 hours per day.

However, the Mirage has decided to implement a "special March Madness rate" of $199 per night. This requires the same amount of play and seems fairly steep for me.

I am going to check with Wynn and Caesar's to see if they will still honor the poker rate. I figure for $199 per night, I might as well stay at a nicer place with better games.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me as far as other options to look into? It would be great if I can find a decent hotel in that vicinity within the $100-150 per night range.

HF
Old 11-18-2006, 02:31 AM

Default Re: LV Hotels for March Madness

Other good poker rooms with poker rates include Venetian and Wynn. They are both MUCH better rooms (hotel room AND poker room) than Mirage. Bellagio has a poker rate, but I don't like the poker room there.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:49 PM

I second AVP's suggestion of Wynn or Venetian over Bellagio (not a fan of Bellagio on many levels), but admittingly, they will both probably be higher then the 150-200 range.

You might try some other middle of the road places like Treasure Island, Caesars Palace, or even Monte Carlo or Paris. Poker rooms at these places will be smaller (Caesars excepted), but the action is still decent, and the hotel rooms are better then IP or Circus.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:44 PM

Thanks for the advice - I booked rooms at the Wynn. They still honored their poker rate ($129 & $199 on the weekend). So it ended up being cheaper than the Mirage (go figure).

Any must-dos at the Wynn? I assume they have good restaurants. We typically do a nice meal when we are there, so any suggestions for Wynn restaurants would be appreciated.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:07 PM

March Madness brings more people to Las Vegas than the Super Bowl. It's the busiest time of the year and not at all surprising that room rates are higher.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Any must-dos at the Wynn? I assume they have good restaurants. We typically do a nice meal when we are there, so any suggestions for Wynn restaurants would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Recently had the 5-course Peking Duck menu at Wing Lei inside the Wynn. Quite good, especially at $78 for the five course menu.

Wouldn't necessarily call it a must, since I have not tried other places in the Wynn, but there's an option for you.