Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2006, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Trips/top kicker vs. limp-reraiser

seems like a semi-easy raise to me. Who raises 55 on the flop or donks the river with 78?
Old 11-17-2006, 11:54 PM

"Who raises 55 on the flop"

basically everone would in his spot?

"or donks the river with 78?"

he doesnt have that ever

did you miss the preflop+flop+turn action?
Old 11-18-2006, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: also who OVERLIMP reraises AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you think you've seen everything, come play at WPEX. I've seen this there ;P
Old 11-18-2006, 12:23 AM

I thought somebody mentioned 78 for some reason [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Anyway I think your 10/20 play has made you lose touch with the commoners - it's an overaggro 1/2 player with 1 hand that beats us; and if 'basically everyone' raises it on the flop that must be an AP thing.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:45 AM

Ok, results time... villain indeed had 55. I raise/called the river, and afterwards felt that this was a bad play. I do have enough respect for villain to expect him to realize I have at least a 9 after I cap the turn with UTG all-in, yet he led the river anyway. I felt like I was a bit stubborn by continuing to stick with my "overpair/wtf/people play like tards in huge pots" read. I've had a few hands this week where I hold a semi-monster and overplay it from a results-oriented perspective, so this was a sanity check. I guess I passed, since most of you probably realized that I lost the hand, yet recommended a raise anyway.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:59 AM

I have not posted at 2+2 for some years. My password got lost and I do not want to use my previous username because it will reveal my identity.

Unguarded told me that he posted the 55-hand here. I consider myself as the best 1-2 fix limit holdem player at AP. I have crushed the game the last 17 months.

I think Unguarded played A9 fine and it was quite hard to put me on presto. The main reason I limp-reraised 55 was because it was Unguarded who raised preflop and he is a good player. AP is a quite small site and against the good regulars you just do a lot of things and of course, I did not want to slowplay my monster to reveal my hand. Quite obvious?

Anyway, I think this thread lack in the understanding of how intuitive and complex shorthanded games are even at a very low limit as 1-2. As some contributors assume that I had a big pocket pair is just one big mistake. In this spot I could actually have a lot of hands, which should be obvious given the information of me as an somewhat over-aggro and tricky player. If you lack in this both dimensions, then you can't win much in shorthanded games. I would like to point out the intuitive aspect. I do not use pokertracker and I do not consider shorthanded limit holdem as a very mathematical game. When you are a beginner you probably need to play a rigid style. If you want to make a good living, you just go with your intuition and do not for a moment think that you can play perfect every hand or put your opponent on exact right holding. I think it was Chip Reese who said it in Supersystem. The mathematical right play is not always the correct play.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:07 AM

"I consider myself as the best 1-2 fix limit holdem player at AP."

congratulations
Old 11-18-2006, 08:06 AM

Haha, you seem to be a world class player playing 1-2.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I consider myself as the best 1-2 fix limit holdem player at AP. I have crushed the game the last 17 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

why didn't you move up like 12 months ago?

Interesting thread btw.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I consider myself as the best 1-2 fix limit holdem player at AP. I have crushed the game the last 17 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

why didn't you move up like 12 months ago?

Interesting thread btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would honestly be interested in hearing why you have decided to stay at 1/2 ? although i definately have not put the overlimp/reraise 55 into my game yet, you do seem to have some good points on tricky/TAG players..

so how come you dont move up ?