Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Number of \"Rigged\" posts a Reflection of the Effects of Legislation?

[ QUOTE ]
Look at the site traffic on pokersitescout, alot of the Party players simply disappeared (the increase at other sites does not equal the decrease of Party/Paradise).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you check out the tracking thread , you will see that the numbers are converging.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Number of \"Rigged\" posts a Reflection of the Effects of Legislatio

[ QUOTE ]
The number of rigged posts is generated using the RNG at the poker sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Therefore the number of "rigged" posts is rigged!
Old 11-16-2006, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Number of \"Rigged\" posts a Reflection of the Effects of Legislation?

I am slightly in the catagory of "this site isn't working for me".

Difference for me is. I know I went on the worst streak I have ever seen since switching from Party. And that is all it is, a streak.

JJ
Old 11-17-2006, 01:41 PM

Im with you, on the worst streak of my part-time career but I believe it is just a streak. I wish the site was rigged, then I could have someone/something else to blame [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2006, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Number of \"Rigged\" posts a Reflection of the Effects of Legislatio

[ QUOTE ]
I wish the site was rigged, then I could have someone/something else to blame [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:11 PM

Default My thoughts . . . flame away.

As I publicized several months prior to the bill passing and PartyPoker's demise, I began to notice very strange things happening at Party from about April '06 through the summer.

I know that some folks think I am: 1) full of baloney; 2) suck at poker; 3) just going through natural variance; etc. All BS aside, I have been playing poker seriously for almost 20 years, have a graduate's degree, and have seen alot of strange things and met a lot of strange people.

I honestly do think that something funny started happening, that there was a 'balance' in effect, in which I was breaking even no matter how well I played. Very strange stuff. Almost like PP wanted me to keep playing, taking their rake, without me winning or losing too much.

Not to sound like I am bragging, but I believe my BB/100 hands rate will rival pretty much anyone on this site, only playing 1 table at a time. Something just did not feel right, starting in April.

All in my head? Perhaps. Maybe even probably. However, I think those who believe that PP or any other site doesnt have strong motivation to keep players around, so that rake can continue to be collected, and that these sites dont have the ability or technology to make this happen, are kidding themselves.

I haven't played online poker in a month and a half. I have missed it, for sure. Honestly not sure if I will ever go back. I don't see it under the current scenario.

TSP
Old 11-17-2006, 03:17 PM

Default Re: My thoughts . . . flame away.

TSP,

Is it possible that you are mistaking strange behavior from the players (bots, etc) for strange behavior from Party?
Old 11-17-2006, 06:48 PM

Default Re: My thoughts . . . flame away.

[ QUOTE ]

I honestly do think that something funny started happening, that there was a 'balance' in effect, in which I was breaking even no matter how well I played. Very strange stuff. Almost like PP wanted me to keep playing, taking their rake, without me winning or losing too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I also found it very very fishy that Party's Bad Beat Jackpot wasn't hit for a long time after the bill passed (I think it was 700K+ at some point). It was as if Party were trying to keep their customers for just a little while longer...