Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 09:59 PM

Default Re: stevesbets vs Genius28 stars HU sng chat

[ QUOTE ]
According to sharkscope, they've played each other 89 times, with genius winning 55 and stevesbets winning 34.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I care either way, but this actually supports steve's assertion that Genius has gotten luckier than Steve during their matches, since I can't imagine that disparity existing in the longterm with two winning players.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:24 PM

Also means that Genius profits are 50% from Stevebets...as $5000 (where I usualy see them play) x 21 extra wins = $100k
Old 11-17-2006, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also means that Genius profits are 50% from Stevebets...as $5000 (where I usualy see them play) x 21 extra wins = $100k

[/ QUOTE ]
i actually havent seen steves/genius play a 5k, but ive seen them play plenty of 2k's
Old 11-17-2006, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
According to sharkscope, they've played each other 89 times, with genius winning 55 and stevesbets winning 34.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I care either way, but this actually supports steve's assertion that Genius has gotten luckier than Steve during their matches, since I can't imagine that disparity existing in the longterm with two winning players.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure

but this is also bogus

[ QUOTE ]
stevesbets: u havent gotten in with the best against me in any of these matches

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-17-2006, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I'd guess that certain people just have styles that are more problematic for certain opponents than the average good player.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:35 PM

i go to Penn and my roomate last year was good friends with steve.....the last i heard the total degenerate was like 12k in debt, but cashed for six figures in WPT and said he was gonna tone down his playing online

guess not
Old 11-19-2006, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played both stevesbets and genius several times.

To my way of thinking Genius has a clear skill edge. I would definitely make him a clear betting favourite. Maybe -125.

Genius is also a much more pleasant person. I have asked him not to sit against me and he has obliged. We have not played for many months.

Although I have a good winning record against stevesbets (17-8) I also asked him not to sit against me. He hasn't obliged. I detest playing him. He whinges constantly when he loses. He belittles players he beats. He is generally obnoxious.

Genius seems an all around better person and poker player.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:32 PM

steve is a super great guy irl with a big gambling problem. playing with him live is a real pleasure. he loses very gracefully, goes to the pit, strikes 25k at craps, reloads, loses it, etc. always up for going out to party regardless of losses. guy is hysterical though possibly unintentionally.

James
Old 11-19-2006, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played both stevesbets and genius several times.

To my way of thinking Genius has a clear skill edge. I would definitely make him a clear betting favourite. Maybe -125.

Genius is also a much more pleasant person. I have asked him not to sit against me and he has obliged. We have not played for many months.

Although I have a good winning record against stevesbets (17-8) I also asked him not to sit against me. He hasn't obliged. I detest playing him. He whinges constantly when he loses. He belittles players he beats. He is generally obnoxious.

Genius seems an all around better person and poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this although ive never met steve irl, i've met genius and hes a real nice guy.

steve on the other hand berates the [censored] out of ppl, is a real dick to me when i play him, and all around seems like an [censored]. he has told me that i was going to go broke many many times, and that im an idiot, and im awful, and i play super bad etc etc etc etc.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
steve is a super great guy irl with a big gambling problem. playing with him live is a real pleasure. he loses very gracefully, goes to the pit, strikes 25k at craps, reloads, loses it, etc. always up for going out to party regardless of losses. guy is hysterical though possibly unintentionally.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

if true this is too bad. this is the worst part about being involved in this game.

tc