Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2006, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Kid gets tasered in UCLA library...for no reason

[ QUOTE ]
Make sure next time you get a cheeseburger, or enjoy some comedy on television. To think about a couple other hippies for their day washington, jefferson, franklin......dunno maybe you heard of them..........they had a problem with unjustified authority as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

very good point. don't forget Jesus also had a problem with authority.

I'm going to eat a twinkie now
Old 11-17-2006, 06:14 PM

I haven't watched the video yet (I'm about to) and I know 0 details about anything, but something tells me he deserved it.

Edit: he 100% deserved it. Apparenly the library has a rule that after a certain hour students must show ID before entering the library. He refused to and the library said he couldn't come in and he began making a stink about he. They asked him to show ID or leave and he refused to leave, so they called the police. They police got there and told him he had to leave and he still refused and sat on the floor, sort of passive resistance.

So they began threatening/taser'ing him.

AKA he's an idiot and deserved it.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember another time when the use of force was used to stop a NON-VIOLENT protest....I think it was called Tiananmen Square.

The use of force in this video is so overwhelming it isnt even funny (ok it is a little). You cant just taser a non-violent protester over and over as he lays on the floor motionless.

DG

[/ QUOTE ]
This douche wasn't protesting. He refused to leave the library until the police came and then resisted them screaming "let go of me waaaahhhhh"
Old 11-17-2006, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it is not hard to stand up when you've been tased...it's not like a stun gun. believe me, i know

[/ QUOTE ]

crimson challenge:

put your $ where your mouth is.

---
Someone tasers you while you lie on the floor. You have to stand up within 5 seconds. Videotaped obviously.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:17 PM

My daddy always done told me if you're gonna break the law son make it count.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I remember another time when the use of force was used to stop a NON-VIOLENT protest....I think it was called Tiananmen Square.

The use of force in this video is so overwhelming it isnt even funny (ok it is a little). You cant just taser a non-violent protester over and over as he lays on the floor motionless.

DG

[/ QUOTE ]
This douche wasn't protesting. He refused to leave the library until the police came and then resisted them screaming "let go of me waaaahhhhh"

[/ QUOTE ]

Harruin,

read the whole story before you make uniformed statements like this and make yourself look retarded.

quoting Kurosh:[ QUOTE ]

From my friend who was there:

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
haha...ok so basically after like 11 oclock or soemthing only ucla students are allowed to be in the library (we get a lot of bums who kick it in our library) soooo....the campus security officers (who are students themselves) asked this kid (who was irooni might i add) to show his UCLA ID card but he didn't have it and so they asked him to leave and he said ok one sec (he was working on the computer doing something----its midterms week) so i guess took like 5 minutes or soemthing and the CSO's called UCPD (campus police officers) to come and "deal" with the "situation"....so next thing in like 5 more minutes the kids walking out of the library and the police officers hold him back (they grab his arm or something) and the kids like im leaving get off me...the police offficer of course were [censored] and didn't let the kid go (i mean he was [censored] WALKING OUT JUST LIKE THEY TOLD HIM TO) and so the kid says something like get off im leavinng and the officers just kept holding on to him and hten you heard what happened and yea the rest is on U tube

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-17-2006, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is not hard to stand up when you've been tased...it's not like a stun gun. believe me, i know

[/ QUOTE ]

crimson challenge:

put your $ where your mouth is.

---
Someone tasers you while you lie on the floor. You have to stand up within 5 seconds. Videotaped obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

they gave him a lot more than 5 seconds to stand. And if he can scream about the patriot act and mouth off to a cop, he can either STAND or say "I CANT MOVE MY LEGS". soooo yeah, shut up idiot.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:23 PM

Kid gets tasered in UCLA library...for no reason

There was very clearly a reason. You may or may not agree with the reason, but to say 'for no reason' is plain wrong.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

DG

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Harruin,

read the whole story before you make uniformed statements like this and make yourself look retarded.

quoting Kurosh:[ QUOTE ]

From my friend who was there:

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
haha...ok so basically after like 11 oclock or soemthing only ucla students are allowed to be in the library (we get a lot of bums who kick it in our library) soooo....the campus security officers (who are students themselves) asked this kid (who was irooni might i add) to show his UCLA ID card but he didn't have it and so they asked him to leave and he said ok one sec (he was working on the computer doing something----its midterms week) so i guess took like 5 minutes or soemthing and the CSO's called UCPD (campus police officers) to come and "deal" with the "situation"....so next thing in like 5 more minutes the kids walking out of the library and the police officers hold him back (they grab his arm or something) and the kids like im leaving get off me...the police offficer of course were [censored] and didn't let the kid go (i mean he was [censored] WALKING OUT JUST LIKE THEY TOLD HIM TO) and so the kid says something like get off im leavinng and the officers just kept holding on to him and hten you heard what happened and yea the rest is on U tube

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you even watch the video? if he was standing and leaving, theres no reason for the cops to ask him to STAND UP/GET UP. Sure maybe he was making an attempt to leave, and the cops grabbed him for questioning (perfectly reasonable), he freaks out (start of video: DONT TOUCH ME, like a raving mad man), and for some reason, now refuses to stand up!
Old 11-17-2006, 06:25 PM

There was no reason, other than refusing to obey the library's policies then refusing to leave the property when asked to, then refusing to obey repeated police commands!

NO REASON!