Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 11:21 PM

Default FoxNews Leaked Memo

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/1...memo-explored/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/1...-_n_34128.html

One key quote:

[ QUOTE ]
and let's be on the lookout for any statements from the Iraqi insurgents, who must be thrilled at the prospect of a Dem-controlled congress.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-17-2006, 02:45 AM

Default Re: FoxNews Leaked Memo

It's more likely US troops will start to leave. You don't think they're thrilled?
Old 11-17-2006, 08:19 AM

it's really interesting, but in the end it's just more evidence to a case that was already slam dunk - anyone that doubts Fox news is a paid for and purchased mouthpiece of the Right was clueless long before this memo.

funny story - I was wondering where GWB was during the midterms - didn't see him at ALL anywhere -

turns out he was giving exclusives to FOX news - which I don't watch - he gave what, 4 or 5 interviews to Hannity, O'Reilly, and the other Fox mouthpieces? - did he appear on any news channel that did objective reporting in the last couple months?

actually, I flip thru Fox sometimes - I see them covering tabloid stuff - like a car chase somewhere or some other human interest story that has roadkill ratings potential, (deer crashes thru bank window kinda stuff) - but otherwise, they feel a lot like tabloid journalism to me these days - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

rb
Old 11-17-2006, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
actually, I flip thru Fox sometimes - I see them covering tabloid stuff - like a car chase somewhere or some other human interest story that has roadkill ratings potential, (deer crashes thru bank window kinda stuff) - but otherwise, they feel a lot like tabloid journalism to me these days -

[/ QUOTE ]

I watch Fox quite a bit. They are definitely going down the tabloid journo route. Their latest gambit is to give OJ Simpson an hour-long television special to explain how he would have killed the mother of his children if he actually had killed her.

It was funny watching O'Reilly, Hannity, and all the other goofball rightwing nutjob spin doctors trying to justify OJ's televised special last night. I have a pretty high pain tolerance but even I eventually had to turn the channel.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I watch Fox quite a bit. They are definitely going down the tabloid journo route. Their latest gambit is to give OJ Simpson an hour-long television special to explain how he would have killed the mother of his children if he actually had killed her.

It was funny watching O'Reilly, Hannity, and all the other goofball rightwing nutjob spin doctors trying to justify OJ's televised special last night. I have a pretty high pain tolerance but even I eventually had to turn the channel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! You are so full of it. First off, the piece is going to be aired on the Fox Network, not Fox News. They are totally seperate entities. Secondly, O'Reilly did a piece about the program where he expressed his disgust and then threatened to expose all advertisers of the program on his show.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:44 PM

Jeez- you'd think he insulted your mama
Old 11-17-2006, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! You are so full of it. First off, the piece is going to be aired on the Fox Network, not Fox News. They are totally seperate entities. Secondly, O'Reilly did a piece about the program where he expressed his disgust and then threatened to expose all advertisers of the program on his show.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong.

The Corporations are owned by the same guy - seperate entities only in business language, but the profits go to the same people - therefore, you're seeing a LOT of discussion on it on Fox News because it's free advertising for the other co-owned Fox entity - which are both owned by the SAME GUY

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...urally-got.php

[ QUOTE ]
O' really? That last part must have come as shocking news to O'Reilly's boss, Fox News Channel chief Roger Ailes, who also chairs Fox Television Stations, the group behind the forthcoming "low point in American culture." The shared "Fox" moniker is no coincidence, either. Fox Broadcasting and the Fox News Channel are both owned by Australian overlord and News Corp. founder and chief Rupert Murdoch. And the Fox Broadcasting Corporation—the people who program prime time for the Fox network—regularly air Fox News-produced programming, from coverage of presidential speeches to O'Reilly's special "documentaries" about people who hate children and Jesus.

In other words, Fox News Channel was conceived, launched, and continues to be run by the man who is responsible for running the selfsame stations that will, shamefully, broadcast Simpson's fantasy about killing "those two Americans" to millions of other Americans.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to mention at least 4 stories on Foxnews's front page talking about the OJ story - which is the same as paid promotion for a subsidary business unit - they're seperate entities only on paper for tax purposes - otherwise they work together, produce programming for each other...

- and the fact the interviewer and publisher is a former Fox News personality - you have all the makings of manufactured journalism distancing itself verbally while giving the story so much airtime it guarantees higher ratings for the guy who owns both "seperate entities"

HOWEVER - ONE needs go no further then the disclaimer at the bottom of THIS FOX NEWS article where Judith Regan tries justifying the interview/book

[ QUOTE ]
FOX and HarperCollins are owned by News Corp., which is the parent company of FOXNews.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

condemned by their own disclaimer - Bill O'Reilly=ignorant [censored]. Not only are both networks under the same umbrella, so is the publisher of the slimy book.

and you know Bill O'Reilly will be a good boy and roll over - no chance he'll go after their own advertisers. But then this isn't the first time Bill O'Reilly has shown mock outrage and then changed his mind.

Anyone remember him saying if there were no WMD's in Iraq he'd stop supporting the president? - Anyone see him wipe GWB's ass with his nose right before the midterms?

Bill O'Reilly is playing spin again - he's like a poker player - whenever his mouth is moving, he's lying [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

he's right about one thing though, his bosses are letting Fox go down the toilet - Tabloid Journalism and Reality TV are all it's good for. - I'd swear I was looking at Inside Edition everytime I checked out their site or Station - but then, didn't O Reilly used to BE a Tabloid Journalist? Guess it takes one to know one.

rb
Old 11-18-2006, 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jeez- you'd think he insulted your mama

[/ QUOTE ]

If you insulted my mama, I wouldn't just refute your false facts.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:20 AM

I'm confused. What is the point of this post?
Old 11-18-2006, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
did he appear on any news channel that did objective reporting in the last couple months?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a trick question or do you actually know of one?