Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 10:59 PM

Default Re: 25-50 hand at Foxwoods vs. Brandon Adams

[ QUOTE ]
Sam

We can infer therefore that your timid play actually saved u 15k as opponent will unlikely not lay down trips four handed. Is that your outlook also?

Second question did u show your hand after he showed his?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did show my hand. I figured this would help establish a timid image at first - which is nice since I planned on playing my usual aggro style.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My read was "winning internet player". I don't know why I thought that --- I just did.

[/ QUOTE ]

in case you didn't already know, samo played live quite a bit at foxwoods for quite some time.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My read was "winning internet player". I don't know why I thought that --- I just did.

I think you should go ahead and raise the flop. In this specific case, I would have called your raise on the flop and your bet on the turn, so you would have lost more money.
At deep stack 25-50, the main reason to raise the flop is that a lot of times I won't believe you and I'll float with nothing. The way the hand went down, I think you have to call the river.

I guess I'm always aggressive but I adopted a hyper-aggressive style over the weekend b/c I found the foxwoods regulars to be extremely predictable on later streets. It was profitable to call or raise with any two cards in position. My new theory is that logistical hassles associated with withdrawing/handling large sums of cash makes live game players more predictable on later streets than online players. Live regulars can't mix up their play optimally on later streets in deep stack games b/c doing so would require that they always had huge amounts of cash on hand.

Brandon

[/ QUOTE ]

Brandon, this is a fantastic assesment of the reason(s) that live play is a little more predictable than internet play.

By the way, if I knew what you held, I would certainly have raised on the flop. I just thought you would play missed overcards similarly.