Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2006, 07:23 AM

Default Facing mini check raise 5 10

Solid UTG limps solid player on next seat limps and I make it $50 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] only the UTG calls. Effective stacks are $1000.

Flop is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] he check and I bet $100 he miniraises to $200. Do I just give up in these spots? Or should I be reraising some % of the time, calling seems like a really bad idea.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Facing mini check raise 5 10

i generally fold, awful reverse situation, he's solid, my hand cant take heat, there are 3 kings not 2 he could have, etc. its just a medium pot, so its ok to fold.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Facing mini check raise 5 10

What kind of hands do you expect a solid player to limp/call with PF when UTG?

Any playable hand with a K in it, or 99, would probably have raised (assuming 6-max), no?

And wouldn't a set/Top pair raise for more to protect against the flushdraw?

Sounds to me like he is on a flushdraw himself, so I would surely raise. If I am confident in my read, I think I just push here.
If I'm not sure, and not too confident I am reading him correctly, I may just call and if the turn is a non-club, I try to get it in there.

As for your question about giving up in these spots - it's hard to say since it is so incredibly dependant on the board and reads on the player.
Yet most of the time I think it is wrong to give up to the check-minraise, especially with a flushdraw on the board.