Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 03:41 PM

Default bad session, probably overplayed those big pair

I apologize in advance because i dont have the hands in question at myy disposal, I reformated my comp last week and forgot to turn the option to save hand history in stars. Anyway if you dont mind too much id like some quick feedback. if its all standard then fine.

Prior to this session I was running good and starting to get a bit too confident I think, wich prolly led me to overplay those because I had been called by donk alot and stacking them.

note: all of those are NL100 on stars and all have effective stack of 100 except for hand 3 in wich villain have 60.

hand 1: im UTG with AA and raise to 4$, UTG+1 call rest fold.

FLOP is K-2-3 with 2 heart, I make it 10$ UTG+1 min raise. I reraised to 40$ and he pushed instantly. I called.

I know calling an utg raise prolly mean a pocket pair or at leat AK but I tough 22-33 might not call and discouted em pretty fast, KK shoulda reraised pre so I though I was fine. anyway he had 33, comments how the way I played and another way to play it welcomed. I hate how min raise often mean monster but I coulndnt fold AA for 10 more, do you just call?

hand 2: im UTG with AA and limp, UTG+1 make it 4$ and Button call. I reraise to 15$(more?) UTG+1 fold, button call.

FLOP is somethign like 2-4-4 ( it was paired and all low card). I bet 25$(i dont think checking after reraising would make sense) and he reraised I forgot how much maybe a min raise again and I pushed, he called with 22.

This one I dont really think i played it bad and definately didnt put him on 22 after calling the reraise. mostly want to know how much you would reraise.

hand 3: UTG call, UTG+2 call, CO call,I make it 7$ in the SB with Kings, UTG fold, UTG+2 call and CO fold.

FLOP is A-2-2, check,check
TURN is i forgot what but I bet he raised i pushed and he called with AA ??? I though he hit his pocket pair on the turn when he called but anyway doesnt matter much, I think he played pretty stupidly and I woulda got all in pre anyway.

hand 4: UTG raise to 4$, I call in the SB with 1010(i raise often but since he was UTG I just called, prolly bad I was starting to play erraticaly and was going to stop soon)

FLOP: 10-J-Q with 2 diamond or hearts, I bet the pot 8$ he min raised to 16$ and I pushed he called with AK.

this one I butched bad i saw trips and just pushed like an idiot in part because i had been stacked 2-3 times already, I just wanted to see AA-KK, but my hope were crushed before the hand ended anwyay cause Turn was a K. and river didnt fill me up.

I promise all future post will have real hand history and maybe more interesting too.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:28 PM

Default Re: bad session, probably overplayed those big pair

hand 1: fine as played, but I would call raise, and c/r ai on turn.

hand 2: reraise to atleast 20

hand 3: why did you push?

hand 4: BBV, well played.