Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 04:21 PM

Default Re: ($60) JJ Line Q

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hm...i dont know how other react...but in generall i almost always push against people who bet into my PF-Raise...and 90% of the time they give it up...

So you should only try it against somehow tight opponents. Against people like me you`re good by check/calling to induce a 2nd barrel-bluff...if you raise me on the turn, i believe that my AK is no good anymore...

The problem with this line is, that it could be very expensive...

[/ QUOTE ]
You won't be happy when I'm leading a set into you.

[/ QUOTE ]

But most people lead with weakish hands. In general, i dont think its a bad play to push over most flop leads.

In this hand, if you're leading, i only like it if you're going to the felt with your hand (usually). There board is soo dry people can very easily put you on a weak/nothing hand and try to push you off.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's fine sometimes of course, but "almost always" doing it is not a good policy.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
should i lead for less here ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think your lead is good. If anything I would lead for a little more.....I think you want villians to either fold or push all-in.

This is the kind of hand that works better live, so you can watch your opponents reaction to your pot size flop bet.....but oh well.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
should i lead for less here ?

[/ QUOTE ]

what would that help? Then you`ll get called by AK etc and know nothing. Or you get raised by a donk like me with AK etc...I am even more likely to raise small bets.
I would suggest to check and raise...(not crai!!!)
Again: the problem is, that it is very expensive. But if you are sure villain only continues with QQ+ you have a easy laydown after a push...(even aggro`s like me wouldnt push with AK after a raise...)
So we would have to do the maths how often he has QQ+ and hands you can beat like AK/AQ/AJ? TT...

The more i think about it, the more it depends if your opp is tight or laggy...(I hate this general sentence...but its true in this case).
Old 11-16-2006, 04:25 PM

bengie,

you are right, this board is so drawless, 175 accomplishes the same thing here.

as for the rest of the hand, im getting it in on any card <J on the turn, and folding to a flop raise.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bengie,

you are right, this board is so drawless, 175 accomplishes the same thing here.

as for the rest of the hand, im getting it in on any card <J on the turn, and folding to a flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand has the potential to get tricky fast, given bengiec showed no strength preflop, 99-TT hands could push as well as QQ+...

This hand just sucks donkey and makes me want to go back to the play money tables, but since I am stuck, I would suck it up lead for 2/3 of the pot and be ready to fire another barrel (all-in) on the turn, repping a 6 and turning JJ into 72o...