Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Why I think homosexuality is inferior to Heterosexuality

[ QUOTE ]

A reasonable human male knows that it is not normal for a human male to want to insert his penis into another human male's rectum. He knows, that despite his own desires, the normal receptical for a human male's penis is a human female's vagina.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then using your logic it must not be normal for a man to want to insert his penis into a woman's mouth, which means most men are defective.

Your assumption that all gay men like anal sex, is not correct, there are many who avoid anal completely, then again there are many heterosexual couples who enjoy anal "SIIHP".

And what about lesbians? This shows no evidence as to why lesbians are inferior to straight women.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The legislation already does benefit my position so the burden is actually on the other side

[/ QUOTE ]

In a legal debate yes, in a moral/ethical debate, no the burden is still on those proposing action to defend their actions (in my view).

[ QUOTE ]

I do feel that heterosexual relationships are superior to homosexual ones. I outline my reasons in the OP

[/ QUOTE ]

your basic outline in the op was that one was "natural" and the other was "unnatural". This in an off itself is not justification as sticking needles in your arm is not natural by any stretch but can save your life. Humans have the ability to alter their surroundings and to act in nonnatural but very beneficial ways.

[ QUOTE ]
If I don't see the two types relationships as being equal why should I be in favor of given them equal status?

[/ QUOTE ]

First and foremost the founders wanted to limit government intervention into people's lives and to allow individuals to make their own choices and live by the consequences as much as possible. It was not set up to further what a majority of people felt was best at the time but mostly to protect rights. It bothers me very little that people think gays shouldn't get married, i disagree but your entitled to you opinion, and for the most part the acceptance of homosexuals has increased in my short life and as long as its heading in the right direction that's ok with me. What does bug me is when people think that their opinions should be turned into law, that somehow haveing 50% or 75% (in the case of an amendment) of people agree with you means that the rest of the country has to go along with it. That's why i asked what your background in behavior studies was, because you are advocating forcing other people into your viewpoint. Thats not a position i would take lightly and legislation should not be based upon opinions of whats "better", or "more natural".
Old 11-16-2006, 08:04 AM

ok. so that is your argument. good for you. you seem to have put a great deal of thought into it. i just wonder why.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:30 AM

Stu

"Homosexuality is not natural"

What does 'natural' mean, exactly? Commonly occuring in nature? Commonly occuring in our species? I struggle to find a reasonable definition of 'natural' in which homosexuality does not occur. Are you saying because it does not lead to procreation, it is not natural? There are countless examples of human and animal sexual behavior that do not lead to reproduction, but fulfill basic needs for those involved. By this same argument, a man who is sterile or a woman who is infertile should not be allowed to marry, or their sexual desires are 'inferior' to heterosexuals.

"Anal sex leads to long term health problems"

Source? The rectum is one of the most elastic and regenerative muscles in the body. That's why girls like Taylor Rain don't walk around with poop stains on their clothes 24 hours a day.

When you say that homosexuality is unnatural, people point out that this is inaccurate by any reasonable definition. So you point out that retardation and mental illness are also 'natural'. So which is it? Is it a normal part of nature, or is it not?

One of the more common causes of death and disease in dominant species is overpopulation, leading to famine and widespread disease. If only a species had some sort of way to suppress its natural urge to reproduce early and often... huh.

Stu, the structure of your argument precludes you changing your mind or accepting something that you are clearly uncomfortable with. The terms you use to describe homosexuality - unnatural, defective, irrational etc - are so vague and poorly defined in your arguments that there is simply no way to counter them. I could construct a similar argument about almost any behavior and it would be about as logically coherentas yours.

If you don't like gays it's fine. Your vague and unprovable argument allows you to rationalize it as a logical preference or superior scientific perspective rather than a simple, subjective prejudice.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:31 AM

Homosexuality is good because it helps contain population growth. I do admire the inflamatory rhetoric in your post though. Nice work.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:05 AM

If your taking score so far on this thread the people who are arguing on behalf of the homosexuals and lesbians are completely pwning those against.

It may not mean much coming from me but I was raised to be against homosexuals and was interested in what stu had to say.

After reading the points and counterpoints my opinion has changed somewhat. There is a good debate going on here and it will be interesting to see if the OP and his side can make a comeback from the bashing they are taking.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:23 AM

I think this is an excellent place to try out my recently announced policy against homophobia. Stu is taking 2 days off.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:43 AM

So your entire argument against homosexuality boils down to a penis entering a rectum? Seems silly to me.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is an excellent place to try out my recently announced policy against homophobia. Stu is taking 2 days off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, no need to chase ALL of the southern republicans outta here.

I think the old, "better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think you are an idiot, than speak and remove all doubt" applies here.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Homosexuality is a behavior defect and therefore inferior to heterosexuality. I think deep down people agree with that statement and if homosexuality could be "cured at birth" it would cease to exist in humans.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Communist Chinese and religious fundamentalists the world over couldn't agree with this more.
Closed Thread