Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 01:00 AM

Default (60PS) Is this chlly or did I missplay it?, probabally the latter!

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1500)
UTG+1 (t1500)
MP1 (t1500)
MP2 (t1500)
MP3 (t1500)
CO (t1500)
Button (t1520)
Hero (t1480)
BB (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP3 raises to t80</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, Button calls t80, Hero calls t70, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Flop: (t260) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero checks, MP3 checks, Button checks

Turn: (t260) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t240</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises to t480</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t1400 (All-in)</font>, Button calls t920

River: (t3300) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

I know I know, bet the flop right? or in retrospect reraise preflop? I am really puzzled. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I know this is how it is going to go somtimes, just the cards balancing out.
For the record, on the turn, I pulled a Mike Sexton: "if you can beat this hand, good luck to ya!" Bad move! The only hand that can minraise me on the turn probabally has me crushed right?
Old 11-16-2006, 01:01 AM

Default Re: (60PS) Is this chlly or did I missplay it?, probabally the latter!

This is PERFECT. Anything else is horrible and will be berated.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:04 AM

You played it like you should. Don't ever fold that turn.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:06 AM

I don't really mind how you played this. I don't like the idea of reraising OOP preflop here with 88. I prefer leading out on this flop though to checking it.

It is a tough to fold on the turn to the minraise. I would need some kind of read or at least know something about the player to make the fold TBH.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really mind how you played this. I don't like the idea of reraising OOP preflop here with 88. I prefer leading out on this flop though to checking it.

It is a tough to fold on the turn to the minraise. I would need some kind of read or at least know something about the player to make the fold TBH.

[/ QUOTE ]
First, he didn't reraise PF, that would have been horrible. Second, folding on the turn would be horrible.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
First, he didn't reraise PF, that would have been horrible. Second, folding on the turn would be horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know he didnt reraise preflop but he questioned whether he should have or not. I agreed that the turn was a push unless under very specific circumstances and a fair bit of history.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know he didnt reraise preflop but he questioned whether he should have or not. I agreed that the turn was a push unless under very specific circumstances and a fair bit of history.

[/ QUOTE ]
Word.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:46 AM

Default *grunch*

I almost never bet the flop here but I am admittedly very passive early in SnG's.

I dont mind the line at all I think you played it allright...

Scrilla
Old 11-16-2006, 07:40 AM

Default Re: *grunch*

As lastchance said, this is played perfectly. OP is just whining because he just to JTo.