Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2006, 05:12 PM

Default Did I have the outs?

I am not sure weather my call on the turn was too loose with the two flush board. What do you think?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.4 (All-In)</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.60 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 2d 2h (one pair, twos).
BB has Qh As (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.60 BB. </font>
Old 02-03-2006, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Did I have the outs?

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure weather my call on the turn was too loose with the two flush board. What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You are getting 9 to 1 and have 6 fairly good outs. There is always the chance that someone will fall into a BDF but it isn't likely enough, IMO, to not call the turn bet.

You should not post results.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:29 PM

I probably would have folded to the raise PF, but I definitely would have folded the turn here if I didn't. I'm not so concerned about the two card flush as much as the fact that your pair is weak. Every card on the board is an overcard and with 4 players still in the hand your only out seemed to be a 5 and it may not be a certain win.

Edit: I missed the fact that you also could have pulled a 2 on the river. I still don't know that I like the call though.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:30 PM

Easiest flop fold ever, theres WAY too many players in, you're drawing to the dummy straight or a set of 2's. The 2's give any 5 a straight, and if you hit a 5, well they don't call it a dummy straight for nuthin..
Old 02-03-2006, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably would have folded the to the raise PF

[/ QUOTE ]
No way.

Old 02-03-2006, 05:34 PM

Hand looks good to the river, why are you calling? Did you have villian on AK until the king hit then put him on a flush draw instead and then when the 3 flush hits you put him a big ace other than K?

It's much nicer to win a pot for the wrong reason than to lose one for the right reason, but you don't tend to learn the right lesson from the first case.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand looks good to the river, why are you calling? Did you have villian on AK until the king hit then put him on a flush draw instead and then when the 3 flush hits you put him a big ace other than K?

It's much nicer to win a pot for the wrong reason than to lose one for the right reason, but you don't tend to learn the right lesson from the first case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was getting 11 to 1 and he was all in.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:42 PM

I hit the fold to any bet button on the flop and go get a glass of water (Does poekrstars have that button?). Even if everyone calls with 15-1 odds you need 3 outs, which I don't think you have.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand looks good to the river,

[/ QUOTE ]

After you discount all the outs, he probably has 2. I know the pot's not small, but I can't justify putting in any more bets after that flop. I think the flop is definately the place to get out.

And a few posts up, NO FOLDING preflop, you're getting 9:1 closing the action, that's well over odds required to go for your set.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:56 PM

Getting 13:1 on the flop, closing the action, I probably peel. I'm not going to feel good about it if I hit my hand, no matter what, but I think I can find between 3 and 4 outs to make the call.

You missed on the turn, and the board got MUCH scarier. You won't be able to make up bets if you catch your deuce, for fear of a set of kings. Get out.

You should never have been in on this river, and if you are you shouldn't be calling it.