Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 04:01 PM

Default General basic strategy for this particular game

Often shorthanded and shallow. game plays very nitty preflop, and loose-passive straightforward and bad postflop.

These are bad players. They'll defend blinds way to often, and put you on AK every time. They never believe. Top pair and a good kicker is often worth stacking off because they are usually in for < 50bb. Players will c-bet but not often enough. C-bets and value bets are potsized on every street. They're what I call "hopeful players": they'll put you on a hand they can beat, always. And they'll always draw.

I'm not a particularly good NL player but I've made my living at mid stakes limit.

At first glance, my basic strategy would be to steal alot preflop, but not resteal. Fold all (incl. AKo) but the nuts preflop to a 3-bet. Postflop, pick spots to bluff at but fold anything but a monster to aggression. Don't draw on the flop, ever, unless you have a serious combo draw, you WILL face a psb on the turn if you miss and they will often, but not always, check-fold if you hit. Bluff-raise limpers preflop?

Thoughts?
Hand ranges for opening? Preflop 3-betting?
Drawing strategies?
Slowplaying strategies?
Other things to watch out for?